20.

STARIt's been about a month since I've heard from Jayden, or any updates about Chris

STAR
It's been about a month since I've heard from Jayden, or any updates about Chris. It's like, he just vanished out of thin air. It's hands down one of the most strangest disappearance cases I've ever heard of.

To get my mind off of some stress, tonight is the night I'm out with Kehlani at a bar. She's about the only human that hasn't been stressing me out so far.

"How has co parenting been going with Dave, if you mind me asking? I'm so sorry about that still. I feel like I'm apart of the reason you left him."

"Girl, please. You were just helping me see what I couldn't. I was getting ready to leave his ass anyways. But it's been fine. We've been trying I our best to get along just for the kids."

"As you should. You haven't been into dating or anything yet?"

"No. I'm just focusing on me and the kids. Why?"

"I was just asking. Cause there's a fine ass chocolate man over there just staring at you hard as hell."

Kehlani informed me. She pointed across the bar, causing me to see who she was talking about. The guy was handsome, dark skinned, braids, and grillz in his mouth. Almost like a gangsta.

He started making his way over to me with a smirk on his face

"Shit! He's coming this way! What do I do?!"

"Have a conversation with him, duh! I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be back."

Kehlani winked and then started walking off to the bathroom. The guy sat down next to me with a flirtatious smile on his face.

"I just had to come over here. You have the beauty that a nigga can spot from miles away."

"Thank you. I really appreciate that."

"No problem, ma. Was that your girlfriend that was sitting here with you or something?"

"No, that was my best friend. She had to make a bathroom run."

"Ah. So you got a man or whatever?"

"No. I'm single. Well, I'm actually in the process of a divorce. My kids' father."

"Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. I actually split from my baby mother a while ago. I have a daughter named Serenity."

The guy pulled out his phone and suddenly showed me a picture of a pretty little girl.

I smiled and looked up at him after

"God bless her, she's gorgeous."

"Thank you, she gets it from me. My name is Rocky, by the way."

"It's nice to meet you, Rocky. I'm Star."

"It's a great pleasure to meet you, Star. That's the perfect name for you. Maybe we can link up one day with our kids and they can have a play date. How many kids do you have?"

"I have one daughter and two sons. But maybe. I don't know how I feel about letting some strange man around my kids."

I jokingly said. Rocky automatically understood that it was a joke and laughed along.

"I'm not strange, though. I'm Rocky, you're Star. We know each other now. What are your kids' names?"

"Ariana, Jabari, and Theodore."

"Those are cute names. Well maybe you can come by my crib and we can chill one day? My uncle and cousin live with me, but they usually don't be bothering anybody. And I have split custody of Serenity, so she's not with me all of the time."

"Cool. What's your address? And number? I can use a little out time away from my family once in a while."

"That's what I'm talking about! Give me your phone. I'll put my number in there and I'll send you the address once you text me. We can come up with a day and shit."

Rocky said as I handed him my cell phone. He then handed it back after doing what he had to do.

"Thanks. I'll text you when I get home."

"Great. We'll talk soon, love."

Rocky placed a kiss on my cheek, walking away afterwards. It took Kehlani about five more minutes to come back.

"Soooo? How did it go with sexy chocolate man?"

"His name is Rocky, and he gave me his number. I said I'll text him when I get home."

"Girl, yassss! Look at you, finally getting some action!"

"Oh, shut up! Let's finish these few drinks so we can go, I'm getting tired."