25.

CHRISTOPHER"You've been thinking about going back to Los Angeles soon?"

CHRISTOPHER
"You've been thinking about going back to Los Angeles soon?"

My father asked me as we were eating dinner one night. I nodded as I swallowed my food.

"Yeah, I think my time in Virginia is starting to come to an end. I enjoyed it, but I miss Los Angeles."

"Yeah, you getting home sick. How is your brother doing? He acts like I'm dead already. I don't remember the last time I talked to Jayden. So damn long ago."

"Last time that I checked, he was doing okay. I don't know, I haven't spoken to him since I got here."

August told me that they locked Wayne up for the rest of his lifetime, so I have nothing to worry about. Somehow, someway, the murders of Michael and Marshall only traced back to him.

Now that I know Wayne is locked up for good, it's my time to start thinking about going back home. Time for me to get back in connection with my brother Jayden, time to reconnect with August... and Star, of course.

I can't help but wonder if Star is upset with me. You know, for leaving her announced. Rejecting all of her calls and text messages. I won't be surprised if she doesn't ever want to talk to me again.

As my father and I were continuing to eat our dinner, there was a knock at his door then the bell rang. I got up from the table and looking through the peephole, seeing that it was Julianna.

"Who is it, Chris?"

"Your next door neighbor. Want me to open up the door for her?"

"Boy, you already know she's here for you. Open it up, never keep a lady waiting."

"Yeah, yeah."

I chuckled, opening up the door and looking at Julianna.

"Wassup, Ju? How come you're here so late?"

"I just wanted to talk to you. Do you think you can come outside for a bit?"

"Sure. Wassup though? You seem freaked out."

I stepped outside and closed the door behind me, laying my eyes on a panicking Julianna. It had to be something serious, due to her being so freaked out. I haven't seen her like this since I got here.

"I don't know how to tell you this..."

"Tell me what? You good?"