28.

CHRISTOPHERI made the decision to fly back to Los Angeles with Star by the end of the week

CHRISTOPHER
I made the decision to fly back to Los Angeles with Star by the end of the week. I needed to, especially since what happened between me and Julianna.

That's not how I expected things to end between us. The last thing that I wanted to do was to lose my temper with her, and put my hands on her. My anger caught the best of me, and now I regret it. Because now I'll most likely have my child kept away from me because of it.

My dad was actually sad to see me go. The two of us had gotten used to us spending the quality time together we never got to when I was younger. I promised him that I would keep in contact with him.

"Do you think Jayden is going to be upset with me once he sees me?"

I questioned Star as she was driving me to my house where Jayden was still staying. She shook her head.

"No. He's just going to be a little confused, but he'll be more than happy to finally see you again. Trust me, he just wants you safe. I have to drop you off and I have to go, though. I have to get back to my kids. I haven't seen them in a week, we miss each other like crazy."

"I understand. I won't keep you any longer. You'll call me later, though?"

"Of course. Just for the moment, enjoy the time with your brother and catch up. This is the moment he's been waiting for."

Star parked her car in front of my house, smiling at me. I nodded and took a breath, leaving a kiss on her lips.

"We'll talk later, then. Have a good time with your kids."

"Have a good time with your brother."
-
-
-
-
"Aye, the man of the hour! Look who finally came back!"

August exclaimed as he opened my front door. I smiled brightly and hugged him after putting all of my bags down.

"Aye, Aug! I missed you, nigga! What are you doing here?"

"Star told me you were coming back today, so I wanted to surprise you."

"Where's my brother?"

"Right here. I'm surprised you actually decided to come back."

Jayden said coldly as he entered the living room. I sighed and looked at Jayden in guilt.

"I'm sorry, Jay. I really am. I had to leave and stay on the low to keep everyone protected. It wasn't easy staying low key like that."

"Just one simple message from you would've been more than enough, Chris. That's all I asked for."

"I'm sorry, Jay. But I'm back now. I just wanna be able to make things as right as I can."

"You can start by being a father to the kid that I've been watching after for the past two months for you."

What? What the fuck is he talking about?

"What are you talking about, Jayden?"

"You don't remember the girl you slept with about six years ago? Her name was Natasha? And you never spoke to her after that?"

"What about her?"

"It turns out, you got her pregnant. You have a five year old son named Maurice who I started looking after two months ago. The police came over here and explained that Natasha had died in a car crash. They told me that either someone in the family had to take him until you popped back up, or he would be put into the system. So of course, him being my nephew, I took him. Since you're back, it's your time to stand up and be a father."

Why did Natasha never tell me that we had a son?! After all of this time, I'm just now finding out that I have a kid?! Maybe he would've saved me from half of the bullshit that I went through already!

"W - where is he?"

"Maurice, come downstairs! I have someone that's here for you!"

"Coming, uncle Jay!"

I heard a small child's voice shout, following a whole bunch of footsteps running down the stairs. There was a kid who looked identical to me, standing in front of me.

I was fucking mind boggled

"Maurice, this is your daddy. Daddy was away for a while, but he's finally back like he needs to be. For now on, he'll be taking care of you. Uncle Jay will still be in the house though, if you need me."

Jayden explained to Maurice. Maurice looked up at Jayden, then at me.

"Where have you been?"

"It's nice to meet you, Maurice. Fun fact; you have my middle name."

"Where have you been? Why has uncle Jay been watching me?"

"Your mom never told me about you, kiddo. I never knew I had a kid. But recently, I had a lot to take care of. I hope you're not upset with me."

I kneeled down to Maurice's height. He gave me a gentle smile, wrapping his small arms around my neck.

"I'm happy you're finally here, daddy. I miss mommy, though. I think about her all the time."

"I know it's been very hard for you, kiddo. And I'm sorry that I missed out on so much. But I promise for now on, I'll be here for you. I'm not leaving you."

"You promise?"

"I promise. I never break my promises."

I had a lot to catch Star up on...