36.

CHRISTOPHER"You don't think that's weird or nothing though? Jayden is acting like he don't know shit

CHRISTOPHER
"You don't think that's weird or nothing though? Jayden is acting like he don't know shit. But I have a strong feeling there's something that him and my mom ain't telling me."

I explained to August after telling him the entire story about the Aidan kid from Star's therapy session. I decided to link up with him while Maurice was in school.

"You sound like you have a lot going on, nigga. First, you have an unborn child by Julianna that no one knows about. Then, you possibly have a long lost brother."

"Julianna keeps blowing up my damn phone. And it has to be true, I feel like I've definitely seen this kid before. I don't know if I'm going crazy and it was real life or if it was in my dreams. But I feel like I've definitely seen this kid somewhere."

"I feel like you need a vacation. And your ass literally just came back from hiding out in Virginia."

August shook his head and exhaled the blunt smoke he had in his mouth. I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I need to find out the truth.

"Fuck! My phone is ringing AGAIN!"

"Just answer that shit, nigga. Or she gonna keep going!"

"Fuck!"

I sighed and groaned, answering the phone with an attitude.

"What do you want, Julianna? You literally be calling me twenty four - eight."

"I was just trying to make sure you've been okay! Have you gotten my first text message? I apologized and —"

"I got the thousand of messages you sent to me, Julianna. Does it ever occur to you that maybe I'm just fucking busy?"

"Busy? With what? Star?"

"Don't go there with that shit again! For your information, I just found out I have a son of my own. My baby mother just died recently, so I'm still learning how to be a father."

"Ohhh, I see how it is. You rather take care of your other child but you don't wanna help with mine?"

"I ain't boutta argue with you! Get off my phone and stop contacting me if you just gonna act crazy every time!"

"You really got me fucked up! I —"

"Good fucking bye, Julianna."

I quickly hung up the phone, looking back up at August. He was laughing and shaking his head.

"I feel bad for your ass, nigga. Anyway, what are you gonna do about this whole possible brother shit?"

"I don't know. I feel like imma never get the truth."
-
-
-
-
"I've been thinking a lot about what you said. I'm really starting to think that I may have a long lost brother somewhere. Aidan has to be. And I feel like Jayden knows something, but he won't tell me."

I explained to Star later on that day. She had came over my house after I picked up Maurice. Jayden was out somewhere.

Star took a breath and ran her fingers through her hair.

"I've been thinking that this whole time. I might've played it off as a joke the first time I told you. But I do believe that Aidan is your brother. I just see way too much similarities, especially his looks and his personality."

"If Jayden knows something, why won't he tell me? And why has my mother and him been hiding it from me? Why don't I remember anything like I should?"

"You've been through a lot, baby. Especially with your mental issues and past drug abuse. Maybe you have it blocked out somehow in your memory. It's not your fault."

Star climbed onto my lap, looking me into my eyes. I love the way that she loves me. The way that she treats me, the way that she even looks at me. It makes me melt so deep, I can't even explain.

Maybe it's time to tell her the truth about Julianna...

"Star, I have something to tell you."

"What is it, boo?"

"Please don't be mad at me. I didn't know how to tell you at first.."

"What is it, Chris?"

Star then sat back up, giving me a serious glare this time. I knew she was growing upset with me.

"Remember Julianna? The girl I met when I was away in Virginia with my father?"

"What about her? You were fucking around with her?"

"Just once... and she ended up getting pregnant with my future child. We had sex when we got drunk one night —"

"Wow. Um, okay..."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, Star. I was scared of your reaction."

"Do you even know what true love is, Chris? It doesn't seem like you do. You literally just tried jumping in with me without knowing much about me. But at the same time, you got some random girl pregnant. I think we should slow this down between us a bit."

Star then got up from sitting next to me, standing up. I quickly stood up in fear, knowing that it was a chance that she wasn't going to want to be with me anymore.

I always do this! I can't ever do anything right!

"W - what are you saying? Are you breaking up with me?"

"I didn't say that, Chris. We just need to slow it down between us. You know, getting to know each other a bit more before we continue saying I love you to each other."

"You know what? You're just like everyone else!"

"What are you talking about, Chris? I —"

"Get the fuck out, Star! I don't need this shit right now! Just leave me alone right now!"

"Can you just listen to me —?"

"NO! I'M NOT GOING TO ASK YOU AGAIN TO GET THE FUCK OUT!"

I shouted at the top of my lungs. Star flinched and slowly grabbed her things, quickly walking out of my front door. I know yelling at Star was wrong and I didn't mean to, but at the moment, I didn't care.

It just seemed like no matter what, my life never gets better.