33.

CHRISTOPHER"Have a nice rest of your day, Star

CHRISTOPHER
"Have a nice rest of your day, Star. Hopefully we can link up with Kehlani this weekend, right?"

Vincent, one of the therapists in the building, said as he waved goodbye to Star and walked out of the entrance. I looked at Star seriously as I stood up from the desk.

"What the fuck is he talking about? Why would you be going out with him? Don't he know you already with me or is he dumb as hell?"

"Chris, calm down. He said he knows Kehlani, and it would be fun to go out as friends. The three of us."

"Hell nah. He definitely just tryna fuck you. Ain't no nigga just gonna try to be just friends with bad bitches. Unless they're a faggot or some shit."

"You don't have to use that hateful language, Chris. There's nothing wrong with being gay."

"Yeah, whatever."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my coat, putting it on. Star got closer to me and slowly wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Don't have that attitude, baby. You know that I only love you."

"Yeah, yeah. Aye, you were telling me about that Aidan kid and how he weirdly looks like a younger version of me, right?"

"Yes. Do you see it? Cause I totally think he looks like you. Do you have any other unknown kids that I don't know about?!"

Star jokingly panicked. I laughed and shook my head, wrapping my hands around her waist.

"Hell nah. I mean, at least not ones that I know of."

The future child with Julianna don't count.. it ain't even born yet..

"Wouldn't it be crazy if he was some long lost child of yours, though?"

"It would be crazy. I don't need no more at the moment. I'm still tryna catch up on everything with Maurice."

"That's the answer I was hoping for."

Right when the two of us were about to kiss, the Aidan kid walked back in through the entrance. The two of us looked at him.

"Is everything okay, Aidan?"

"Uh, yeah. Sorry. Do you think you can let me into your office real quick? I think I dropped something important."

"Of course. What do you think you dropped?"

"My house key. If I go out and my uncle isn't home, there's no way I can get inside the house. We don't have a spare."

Aidan shook his head in embarrassment. Star chuckled and pulled away from my grip, pulling out her office key.

"Yeah, come on."

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. It was a text message coming from Julianna. What the fuck could she possibly want?

Julianna; I know we left off on terrible terms but I've been thinking and I changed my mind. I want you to be apart of our son or daughter's life. I just don't like the way you handled things. And I apologize for calling your girlfriend a whore. I was in my feelings with these damn hormones🥴 call me or text me back when you can?

"What's wrong, baby? You look like you just seen a ghost."

Star questioned me as she came walking back over to me. I slipped my phone back into my pocket and looked up at her.

"Everything is fine. It was just Jayden updating me on Maurice's day. Did the kid find his keys?"

"I gave him a second to look on his own. I didn't want him to feel like I was hovering over him."

"I found my keys. Thanks for letting me search for them, Star."

"No problem, kiddo. See you next week for our next session?"

"Yup. See you then. See you later, you goofy ass fuck."

Aidan looked at me. I was taken back by his response, but I responded anyways.

"See you, kid. Just one question?"

"What is it?"

"What's your mom's name? I'm tryna make sure I don't have no long lost kids running around and shit."

"Nigga, to hell if I know. I've been with my uncle since I was three. My mother gave me up because she's a dead beat bitch. All I know is she's a dead beat, I have two siblings I don't know of, and my father ditched me for drugs."

"Damn, my fault. That shit sounds tough."

"It's whatever. I gotta get going, my uncle is waiting for me outside."

Aidan walked past me and Star, exiting the building again. Star looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"What's the sudden interest? Do you really think you have long lost kids out there somewhere?"

"I don't think so. That kid just weirdly looks a lot like me when I was his age."

"Have you ever considered that you and Jayden could possibly have a long lost brother out there somewhere?"

"What chu mean? You think my mom would hide something like that from us?"

"Be for real, Chris. We all have seen how she's treated you. I'm pretty sure she's capable of hiding anything from you guys at this point."

Star patted my shoulder, grabbing onto her purse. I stood quiet for a few seconds, thinking about the possibility of having another younger brother.

Could she really do that to us? Hide a younger brother from us for all of these years? What if she really did? That's a whole different type of low...

"You coming? We're having dinner tonight at my place. The kids and my siblings will be there? Maurice is more than welcomed to come."

"You ain't gonna invite your little buddy Vincent?"

I teased. Star playfully rolled her eyes and lightly punched me in my chest.

"Boy, if you don't stop being petty and bring your ass on."

"You lucky I'm hungry."