19.

CHRISTOPHER"You did WHAT?! Where are you right now?!"

CHRISTOPHER
"You did WHAT?! Where are you right now?!"

August questioned me over the phone. I was finally able to get my phone back and give August a call. I never mentioned anything about whatever else Wayne and I did. I wasn't sure how he was going to react. I just mentioned that I was able to escape with Wayne.

"I'm posted up at Wayne's place. I don't know where else to go right now. It's way too soon to be out and about."

"Send me the address and I'll come by to get you. You can stay with me and my uncle Clifford. You shouldn't stay with Wayne, he seems a bit too dangerous."

"That's exactly the point, Aug. He's too dangerous. What if he comes after me?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I'll send you the address. Come and get me, I can't explain this over the phone."

"Bet."

August hung up the phone. I sent him over Wayne's address and placed the Lamborghini keys onto the table. I know August is right; I can't be around Wayne.

If he can just murder both Michael and Marshall with no issue, why would he not wanna murder me too? Especially since I know certain things, and I was there.

I know I'm a troubled man with mental issues, but I'm not tryna be forever labeled as a murderer.

Within a couple more minutes, August finally arrived to pick me up. I quickly got up from the couch and ran out to August's car, hoping in.

"Yo, my nigga Aug! I missed you so much!"

"I missed you more, C! What the fuck is going on? I heard that hella people went missing from the hospital and shit. That nigga Wayne got anything to do with it?"

August questioned as he sped off from Wayne's house. I slowly took a breath and looked at August.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. He told me that we were going to escape, and that he was going to kill Michael. I don't know why I thought he was joking about that, because when I first met him? He told me that he just got out of jail for fifteen years from committing murder. I took it too lightly —"

"He killed that nigga for real?! What the fuck?!"

"Yes.. then he killed Marshall afterwards. He then proceeded to tell me that since I was there for all of this, that I had to work for him. I ain't tryna do all that bullshit. I was just tryna get out of the hospital. I ain't want no part of this murder gangsta shit."

"Fuck! This nigga is bat shit crazy! You're lucky I have a cousin back at the house who can handle his ass for you. Or else, you would be in real trouble." 

"What do you mean?"

"His name is Rocky. He's one of the  massive drug lords around the area. He has a lot of people, some of them being hit men. If you want Wayne gone and not to be found, just say the words and we'll let Rocky know."

"I don't want you involved in any of my shit. I think I know what I have to do. At least for now until this all dies down."

"What is it?"

"I have to stay down in Virginia with my father. I can't be around any of this shit. You just have to promise me you won't tell anyone."

"All the way to Virginia though? Why don't you just lay low at my uncle's house for now? You'll be fine if you just lay low, C."

"I can't take any chances, Aug. This is way too dangerous. I appreciate you trying to help me, but I can't risk it. Drop me off to the airport."

"I thought you don't get along with your dad, though?"

"I don't. But imma have to make this shit work, just for now."

"You're not even gonna inform Star of where you are? She is your therapist, you know."

"I realized that I may be catching feelings for Star. That's one of the main reasons why I have to go right now. I can't subject her to some bullshit I put myself in."

"Alright, fine. I'll drop you off at the airport. Just swear to me we'll keep contact?"

"I just escaped my living hell! Of course we finna keep contact!"