24.

STARIt's been a week since I got that guy Rocky's number from the bar

STAR
It's been a week since I got that guy Rocky's number from the bar. We went out once, and I think he's a pretty nice guy. Would I get into a whole relationship with him? Probably not, he's not exactly my type.

My mind has been fucked up ever since I had that wet dream about Chris. How the fuck did my feelings for him even come about? Where the fuck is he at the moment? All of these damn questions that I have unanswered.

It was finally a weekend, and I was at the mall with Kehlani. She was trying to find an outfit for her sister's wedding next weekend. Right when I went to walk into a sneaker store, I bumped into someone who I had seen before.

August Alsina.

He was Chris' first roommate when I first met him at the hospital. I wasn't expecting to see him again.

"August?"

"Oh, shit! Hey, Star! I didn't think I would see you again. How have you been?"

"I've been good.. how have you been?"

"I've been pretty good, I can't complain."

"That's good, I'm glad.. if I were to ask you a honest question, would you be able to give me an honest answer?"

"Sure.. wassup?"

"Last time that I checked, you and Chris were pretty close. Have you heard from him or seen from him? I haven't seen him in over a month, it's like he just vanished."

"Fuck... I can't lie to you...."

"What is it, August? Just tell me. I've been waiting around for him long enough."

"Let's just say, he got into some deep shit with his new roommate at the hospital. His name is Wayne. Police actually just threw him back in jail a few days ago, because he's the main suspect of the murder of Michael and Marshall."

"Please don't tell me Chris was involved in any of that. I mean, he had to be? Is that why he left?"

"He escaped the hospital with Wayne, so he didn't wanna seem like he was guilty for anything when he wasn't. He left to Virginia to stay with his dad for as long as he needs to. He's planning on coming back, eventually."

Some of that didn't make any sense. Why would Chris have to leave just because he escaped the mental hospital? Wouldn't they just throw him back in the hospital if he got caught?

I'm not asking any questions right now, I'll take that up with Chris when I see him. I'm just glad that he's okay, and he's alive.

"How soon is he planning on coming back?"

"He didn't say. He's been wanting to call you to let you know, but he knew that you would probably tell Jayden. Him and Jayden aren't on the best of terms."

"I know that. But, at the end of the day, Chris is Jayden's older brother. He has a right to know."

"Please don't say nothing yet until he's ready, Star. He's not gonna trust me anymore."

"Can you at least tell me where in Virginia he's at?"

"Virginia Beach. Why?"

"What do you mean why? I'm gonna need an explanation in person from him. I might need to book a flight down there."