HUNGER /// THIRD: Lycanthropy

N entered a cabin full of circuitry and control panels. No Uzi was here, but he saw an ominous tape on one of the desks. 'Zombie Drones: DO NOT SHOW TO WORKER DRONES' Reaching out, he grabbed the VHS tape, only to suffer from a hallucination of some sort. An image of a massive black hole destroying something was shown, and a photo of a worker drone child smiling at him covered his eyes. Panting, N withdrew. He pocketed the tapes, oblivious that two neon-red eyes were watching him intently.

In the cabin far to the left, a terrifying transformation was occurring...

Feasting the gore of her victims, Uzi was devouring their oil, chewing down circuitry, desperately trying to cool herself down. Not being a disassembly drone, her circulation system was not used to the influx of oil and ordered a forceful discharge against her will. A sudden feeling of nausea engulfed her and Uzi bent over, retching. Taking deep breaths, she swallowed. And doubled over, spewing up copious amounts of hot, steaming oil. Her temperature rose and two grey, fleshy wings jutted out. Her eyes were no longer the eyes of a worker. A symbol of the solver presented itself upon her face. Uzi was no more, she was a fully possessed Solver drone now. Lust for oil and twisted justice came to mind, and the solver got to work, ready to kill anything that came too close.

Interested by the turn in events, forces far beyond Uzi's reach summoned various infernal creatures to torment her. Three green husks, two fleshy skeletons, and a floating face made of rock. It fired barrages of searing orbs at the solver drone. She dodged it nimbly and held up a hand. The husks froze, dragged by an unknown influence. A purple solver mark sprang forth and spun like a thrown ninja star. The husks fell, dismembered into bits of flesh. Fresh blood coated the solver drone, ready for vengeance. Licking the blood on her face, the solver drone smiled.

+OUT OF BOUNDS

As for the floating rock, the solver imploded it, shattering the lesser demon into a pile of bloody pebbles. Laughing manically, she looked around, searching for more victims. A trail of oil. It seems that someone had escaped her despite being gravely wounded.

***

The workers were sitting by a campfire, trying their best to ignore V and the foreign machines bickering. Braidon was telling a spooky story while Lizzy rolled her eyes. "But her warranty wasn't expired... IT NEVER EXISTEEEEED!" He spoke. "Aren't you guys like, worried about Darren and Rebecca?" A female worker drone asked. Indeed. It has been hours since the two drones snuck out. The drones nodded, wondering where the two might've gone. "Shouldn't they be back from their... immoral make-out session by now?" She continued. "Like-"

Meanwhile, V1 was talking with V, trying to figure out the truth behind her actions. "I already said, I DON'T REMEMBER! Look, idiot, I don't know everything, but I know why we're here and what we're supposed to do. That thing Uzi and the Doll-eyed prick have is a disease. It spreads. And if it takes over, It'll destroy EVERYTHING! That's all I know!" V shouted. "Now let me get the fuck out there before that infested drone does something ACTUALLY DANGEROUS! N and I were sent to this place to stop this spread, but since he befriended the number one target, I'll have to suffice. Out of the way. Now." She continued, punching V1. Not even a dent. 

"Ow, what are you things made of!?" V muttered, shaking her sore fist. Gabriel interjected. "You say the solver is a disease. But every disease has an antidote, does it not? We can cure Uzi and Doll and everything would be fine. Seek peace, machine, not vengeful war. Wrath is a sin not forgiven easily." Looking at the golden machine, V replied, sarcastically. "Yeah. If it was that simple. It has no antidotes. It can get through everything. No drone here can escape its presence. Disassembly drones are only protected because our administrator can briefly control the solver."