Chapter 6.

Winter POV:

I was uncomfortable. All the sandwings in this room were emitting heat and not even batting an eyelid at the fact that all the doors and windows were closed. That's not even mentioning the fact that Qibli was sat right next to me, wearing an absent expression. Why did we even have to have a meeting anyway? I didn't even know what we were talking about, it was just boring.

I shouldn't be here! I'm Queen Glaciers nephew, for goodness sakes! Queen Glacier is dead and you're only an ex prince. My treacherous consciousness hissed spitefully. SHUT UP!  I hissed back at it angrily but my fury soon faded as I realised that it was right. My consciousness was right. That fact hurt. I didn't want to delve into that for any longer, so instead I just stared numbly at a tiny crack in the wall.

"Winter! Earth to Winter! Hellooooo!" 

I felt warm talons prod me in the arm.

Ugh, you absolute walrus! You fell asleep! So much for dignity.

"What?" I groaned, sitting up, and feeling the heat of the room wash over me again.

"The meeting's over," Qibli had a cheeky grin spread wide across his stupid, scarred snout.

"WHAT?" I snapped again.

Qibli rolled his eyes playfully, his expression practically screaming 'sheesh, what a grump.'  before smiling at me again. "You look so cute when you sleep!" He pressed a claw to my snout, saying "Boop!" As he did so.

I swatted him away with a talon like he was an annoying fly, which in all honesty, he kind of was.