Chapter 7.

Winter POV:

I had gone outside. It wasn't much cooler than that horrid room, but it was a start. 

I hate the sandwing kingdom. No, I loathe it. It always reminds me of that last visit I had where I was possessed by Darkstalker and NEARLY MURDERED QIBLI! Yeah, that. So, Instead of looking around at the familiar landscape, I shaped the soft grains of sand beneath my feet like I used to when I was young, but with ice, not sand. Whenever I'd gathered a little heap of the sand so that I could model it, however, it just crumbled, not compacting like snow did. No, this wouldn't work. I couldn't build anything out of this lame substance. Snow it turns out, is very different to sand. 

Snow and sand were a match that shouldn't exist.

Speaking of sand. . .

"Hey Winter!"

It's that scorpion sniffer again. When I die from annoyance, please don't visit my funeral.

"What've you come to pester me about now?"

"Well I was wondering. . ." Qibli gave me a winning smile.

"What are you wanting to know now, lizard-breath?" I asked grouchily.

"Well, I wanted to know whether you're gonna come back to JMA or not?" He replied, a pleading look in his eyes.

"What, and be stuck in a cave with you again? No thanks. I'd rather throw myself at a knife," I felt a bit bad for the little, irritating sandwing but not much. 

Qibli gave me a mock hurt look and a theatrical sigh. "You know you want to come really, you just won't admit it!" 

I stared at him sceptically.

"Come on! Moon will be there!" He tried, with, surprisingly, a hint of actual desperation in his voice.

I let out an exaggerated sigh, knowing that he wasn't going to give up.

"Ugh fine! I'll come with you if I have to." I muttered defeatedly. I didn't really care about seeing Moon, but deep down I did want to go back, and at least this gave me an excuse.

Moon was the least of my worries.

As I've said previously,

Sand and snow are a match that was never meant to be made.