Chapter 16.

A/N: finally! This is the chapter I've been wanting to get to! Thank you so much for all the votes, comments and views! Here's a cookie 🍪 :3. Enjoy!

Winter POV:

I took a deep breath.

For some reason I felt. . . guilty?

I really, really don't like him though. Do I? . . . I mean, maybe, he is kind of cute sometimes. . . Wait, no he's NOT. No, I don't feel that way, that is FINAL. But maybe. . .

UGH! Why is it all SO CONFUSING?!

I felt tears prick my eyes and I blinked them away, not letting myself cry.

I spread my wings, letting them guide me as my thoughts took over. 

All my thoughts, however, were about Qibli. His smile, his laugh, his scar and earring.

Just face it, Winter. You like him.

My conscience was right. AGAIN.

Maybe it isn't too bad?

No, that realisation is bad. That's for sure. I mean, you've already turned him down, how's he meant to like you anymore? How did he even like you in the first place?!

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realise there was something -or someone- watching me.

Whoosh. . .

That sounded weird, what was-

All of a sudden my wing exploded with pain. I looked at it in utter shock to find a rock stuck in it.

A perfect, flat and. . . Agile? Rock with a sharp end. No, agile sounds wrong. . . but, it is agile.

This must've been set up. . . that kind of thing doesn't happen by accident. That rock is the exact type you would want if you were to aim directly at something (AKA: my wing).

Suddenly, I realised that the ground seemed slightly closer to me than it had been recently. After that, came the realisation that I couldn't fly with my wing like that.

And, then, it hit me. I was falling. 

Falling.

I was falling out of the sky . . .

and directly towards the jagged, pointy peak of Jade Mountain Academy.