Chapter 10.

(Time skip) Winter POV:

I sighed. It was so peaceful here. I loved being in my cavern when I was alone. Deep pinks floated through the sky as the sun hovered, slowly descending through the air. Qibli had kept on giving me wistful glances as the day wore on, but he had not spoken to me once. Surprisingly, I almost missed his annoying voice. Almost. That gecko-brain had gone off to his music lesson, and I was enjoying the silent cavern he left behind while it lasted. I had to admit that he was good at music. I once heard Qibli practicing the bongos in our cave and wow, sheesh, he was talented. 

I also couldn't deny, however, that he was also a lizard-tongued idiot. A smart, kind, lizard-tongued idiot.

I sighed again, watching the shadows creep across the floor like absolute freaks. The sunset that hung over the horizon looked so much prettier when Qibli wasn't bouncing around in front of the window. Normally I didn't even get to watch it though, which was much worse. In Sanctuary there wasn't a very good view, as it was based in the centre of a small crevice in the ground so that any scavengers couldn't escape easily.

All of a sudden, Qibli burst into the room, panting heavily. He opened his mouth as if to speak but then closed it again indecisively, in the process making him look like a fish.

Then he slammed the door, ran forward, and threw me out of the window.