We Are History

Joey POV

"Is there anything you would like to ask us in return?" One of the alphas spoke up and it happened so fast that if you were not paying attention, you would have never saw it. A wicked smirked etched onto Jewels face. Her eyes were normal but her voice sounded slightly different. She sounded almost like their was no room for opinions. Her voice was calm and held power. Heck, it was impossible to not feel her power level rise. It was almost suffocating to be so close too. Her shoulders looked loose and the hair down her back looked like it was floating behind her. "You say you are forever indebted to my pack, right?" Jewel's smirk disappeared and the alpha looked like they wanted to challenge her however fear snuffed out any resistance they had in mind. They all made noises as in agreeing to her. No one had objections. Everyone had given up already. "If that is really true, then make my father the King of the colony and my mother the Queen. Those titles will get passed down as if they were regular titles withing our pack. The next king after my father will be my brother and so forth. You may maintain your titles as alphas; however, our pack will rule among the colony. We will have the final say in everything although we will not be dictators. We will remain as fair and honest as you have seen. Just as you come to us today for a discussion, all will be handled in the same manor, however we make the last decision. We make rules for punishment. If anything were to transpire between packs that you cannot peacefully handle yourselves, that is when we will step in. Since I am giving up my life for a forever peace between the cold ones and the colony. Then my family deserves something in return." My father and I both turned to look at Jewel, but she continued to look forward, staring at the alphas that trembled under her gaze. I watched the men tremble and one after another fall to their knees. The last one to fall was Alpha Max. He resisted the most but, in the end, he dropped to his knees too. "As You wish, Goddess Jewel. We will obey King Derek and Queen Lena." She nodded my head in approval and then turned to my father and I. "Joey, from this day forward you are the Alpha and father, you are the king. Everyone must obey the king and queen. There will be no exceptions. Break this vow if you dare. Hell shall rise and engulf your pack, ending your lineage. Now take the vow and cross your heart." Jewel instructed and the alphas obeyed.

 I turned to the alphas and watch them vow their loyalty to their new King and Goddess. "Now leave." She commands coldly. They obeyed her command without even a peep of resistance. Alpha KII dragged his son out by the back of his shirt. Once they all left and the door shut, Jewel collapsed. "JEWEL? STAY WITH US!" My father yelled frantically but she replied, "I'm tired." She broke into a fever. Her entire body was covered in sweat, and she was breathing hard. "What was that just now?" I asked as my father picked up Jewel. "Your sister's gift looks like it manifested. It must have been due to the amount of pressure and stress she has been feeling." He said as I pushed the door open so he could carry her out. When we got to our house, grandma Carol was in the living room. "Bring her here!" She shouted and my father placed Jewel down on the pallet in the middle of the floor. "Her gift?" Mother asked and I replied, "Yes. It was weird mom. She sounded different and even gave the alphas commands." She turned to me when grandma started to chant something, "Orders to the alphas? How could she? What were the orders?" My father answered, "She made us the king and queen of the colony." My mother and grandma both shouted, "WHAT?" I watched grandma cover Jewel's body with a blue light and Jewels body looked like it was creating steam. "How did she become like this? Tell me what happened, Derek?" My mother started to cry as we watched Jewels body disappear into the giant cloud of steam. It became so hot that we started to sweat. The room was filled with steam. "She made her choice. She chose the peace treaty for us in returned, the colony owe us their lives. She made the terms before I could say anything. You are the new queen and I am the king. Joey is the new alpha of our pack. She appointed everyone positions and responsibilities are up to us." My mother raised her hand and the steam began to decrease. "So, the shift I felt was her." Once the steam started to dissipate, we could see Jewels body again. She was still unconscious but her hair was different. "What happened to her hair?" I asked and my mother placed her arm around me. "There is one more thing about our hair that I did not tell you or your sister. The amount of silver you get is up to your gift level and the amount of pain you suffered to unlock it." I took a step away from my mom to really evaluate her hair and she laughed at me. "Your mother has gone through two lifetimes amount of pain son. Looking at my father, I finally noticed half his head was silver. Looking at Jewels, I could not control the tears that left my eyes. Most of her hair had gone silver except some strands of hair. "She must have been in so much pain to agree to a marriage pact while knowing her mate is somewhere out there. Her hair turned silver faster than mine." My mother said as she sat next to Jewel and placed her hands over Jewels body. A green light immitted from her hands and Jewels eyes fluttered open. "Jewel made a sacrifice for us and the colony. She is a true Goddess sent to us. I just wish she did not have to give up her happiness for this." My father sat beside Jewel and she immediately curled into him. "Look at her. How can I let my baby girl go somewhere without me?" My father mumbled as he started to rub her head. "How could you be so rash in making your decision, Jewel?" My father looked like he was going to start crying like the rest of us. Jewel slowly sat up with fathers help and showed us a sad smile. "How could I not do my part as an alphas daughter? How could I live with knowing people would get hurt or killed when I know I could have prevented it? One thing is for sure, Sully agrees with me. This colony needs a king and queen to function. Sully just helped me realize it and make it happen." Jewel smiled and I stared at her. "Are you crazy? Who is Sully?" Jewel smirked at me, "It seems I might have been born first after all Sully is my wolf. She came to me in the office." I looked at mother and then father but they were snickering just like grandma. "What? Wait, I am the oldest right? That's what you said." My father told me I was born a few minutes before Jewel but it seems Jewel has formed a bond with her wolf first.