Chapter 35

- 3 Months Later -

"Oh my god, I look like a whale!" I groaned, covering my face with my hands. "No you don't! You're glowing, Rory!" Mel said, pulling my hands away from my face. "Mel, I'm almost 5 months pregnant...maybe we should just push the wedding back until after I have the baby..."

"Oh no! Absolutely not. You are going out there and you are getting married to Andy." I groaned and stared at myself in the mirror. I looked fat. I set my hand on my stomach and felt our son kick. That's right, son. Andy and I were having a little Prince. Jake was beyond excited to have a little brother... but I knew Andy was a little sad. I knew he wanted a girl, but he would love this baby regardless. I assured him that we would just have to try again, and get a girl the next time around.

"Okay! Are we ready?!" Nancy said, coming into the room. I only looked over at her and her face dropped upon seeing my face. "Oh no. What's happened??"

"I look fat in this dress, Nancy." I mumbled. "Sweetheart, you're not fat, you're just pregnant. Andy loves the hell out of you and this baby." She said, walking up to me and putting a hand on my stomach. "And you look beautiful in this dress."

I sighed as she turned me back to the mirror. "Look at you. You're absolutely gorgeous and glowing." "That's what I said!" Mel chimed in.

Nancy walked away from a moment and picked up my veil, and fastened it on my head. "See. Gorgeous." She fluffed it out around my shoulders and smiled.

"When I envisioned my wedding, I didn't think I'd be almost 5 months pregnant." I sighed. "Well, life is unpredictable and we can't always predict what will happen. I didn't think I'd ever meet someone like your dad when I got divorced, but I'm so happy I took the chance to get to know him. And I know you feel that way about Andy. If you could, would you change anything?" Nancy asked me. "Well, a few things. Maybe leaving Nate earlier...but then I may not have met Andy. And my lift with Andy, I wouldn't change anything."

"And this wedding and your little peanut in here, is proof of that." Nancy said, smiling at me in the mirror.

"Where is my princess?? Her prince is anxiously waiting." My dad said, walking into the room. "She's here, she's glowing, and she's ready to marry the love of her life." Nancy said, pulling me towards him.

"You look gorgeous princess." My dad said, giving me a kiss on the head. I knew he could sense my hesitance and he gave Nancy a look. "Here, Mel and I will give you two a moment." Nancy said, walking out and shutting the door behind her. "Okay, what's wrong, princess?"

"I'm nervous, dad. What if this doesn't work out?" I whispered.

My dad sighed and pulled me to the couch, sitting us both down. "Look, sweetheart. I know you saw your mother and I's marriage fall apart... and you've had a rough time... and that all scares you. I get it. But sweetheart, that man out there loves you unconditionally. I truly believe he's your soulmate." My dad said.

"What if-" "There are no what if's. Andy is nothing like Nate and you know it." I sighed and looked up at him. "I know he's not. I'm just so scared." I whispered. "I know, princess. But you have nothing to be scared of." He said softly, pulling me into his side. I sighed and looked at the ring on my finger, playing with it slightly. I loved Andy so much and I knew my dad was right. I had nothing to be worried about. Andy was amazing.

"I love Andy and I want to marry him." I said, looking back at my dad.

"And that's exactly what you're going to do." My dad said, standing up and holding out his hands. "Come on." I took his outstretched hands and he pulled me up. "Now, let's go get you married." He said. I threaded my arm through his and we walked towards the back of the house where Nancy and Mel were waiting.