1

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

*BUZZ

Groaning, I reach over to my nightstand to get my ringing phone. I tried to ignore it the first three times but it just kept ringing. Whoever it was better have had a good reason for waking me up this early.

"Hello?" I croak.

"Hey, baby." I roll my eyes hearing my mother's voice.

"Hi mama." I waited a couple seconds to see if she would let me know what she wanted. But she never did. "What's up?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to call and check in on you that's all." My nose turns up before I turn to look at my clock. Was she drunk?

"Mama, it's 4:30 in the morning."

"I know I just....I miss you and I haven't called in a while." I internally groan hearing her voice croak. "And I want you to know I still love you."

"Mhmm, love you too, is that all? I'd like to continue with my sleep."

"Y-yeah, sorry for bothering you. Get some rest." I didn't even bother to say goodbye before slamming my Nokia back on my nightstand. Anybody that knew me knew I didn't play about my sleep.

Two hours later

Waking up I went to the bathroom to start my morning routine. It was a simple morning routine that consisted of me starting my hygiene routine, making me some breakfast and coffee, and lastly taking a shower. I choose to eat a quick bagel sandwich paired with my coffee. Some morning I don't make breakfast if I don't feel like it or I6'm not too hungry but what I never miss is my morning coffee. I feel like I can't function correctly without my coffee. As a teen I'm not supposed to drink it everyday but that rule doesn't apply to me.

After my shower I walked to my large walk-in closet. Yeah, walk-in. It's one of my favorite features of my home. You may think how does a 17-year old afford a two story, 3,000 foot home. Well I don't. Well I do but not with my money. All this comes from my wonderful parents. They are the richest people I know but they are the worst parents a girl could ask for. Growing up with my nanny stepping in as my mother, seeing the both of them two times a month since they were always out of town for business. It's not too fun.

My mother just recently tried to get back under me while my father kept throwing money, cars, luxury goods, and diamonds my way. I'm not mad at it but every once in a while I'd like a I'm proud of you. I'm graduating to later go into law school but he doesn't know that though. My mother pretended to be interested right before she transferred 100,000 dollars to my bank account for "making her proud". They make me sick. But somehow I still love them and pray for their safety.

Looking through my clothes I decided on a cream collard satin ball sleeve cropped corset paired with the matching satin pants. Today was my first day at this school that I wouldn't be going to if it wasn't for my best friend. Down in Boston I didn't talk to anyone when she left. Everyone I thought were my friends and/or family ended up backstabbing me or faking their love for my money. As soon as I got the chance I packed up and was on my first flight down here to LA.