19

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

"Are you sure this isn't some type of set up or something, baby? He really sounded genuine when he wanted to meet you?" I smiled brightly nodding my head. I had been giddy the whole day since he invited me.

"Yes, he sounded really genuine. He gave me a kiss on the forehead, he even called me baby girl!" I thought Tasia would be just as excited as me but instead she gave me an off look. "What's the look for?"

"Nothing."

"Tasia, why you making that face?" I whined.

"I'm not making a face. Now, hurry up with your little lunch date because I'm waiting out here for you." I smacked my lips before getting out the car slamming the door in the process. The whole time she was complaining about how much she wanted them to just treat me right and when they do she still has something to say. I walked into the building not yet seeing my dad so I figured he hadn't made it there yet. A waiter led me to an empty table and I sat and waited for him to show up.

••••••

Fanatasia's POV

As I waited for Taraji to come out I sat in the car and listened to some music. This was the most peace I would have today because I knew when she came back we would start arguing. Maybe she didn't see it but something about him acting like father of the year out of nowhere wasn't sitting right with me. There had to be a reason that or why he was doing this.

I bobbed my head to the music instinctively looking over at the car pulling in next to me. I had noticed it was Taraji's dad in it. I pushed my seat back so I wouldn't be seen but still watched him closely. I squinted my eyes noticing someone in the car with him.

"Is that...oh shit!" Her mom?! I knew something was up. She pointed her finger at him in a demanded way before they kissed and he got out the car. I knew it, something was off. I bet he was doing this because Bernice gave him some ass and like the love sick puppy he was he listened to everything she said. She probably was just yelling at him about being nice to her. I wanted to get out the car and happily cuss the both of them out but instead I let it be. This was the first time in a while I seen my baby genuinely happy so I wouldn't ruin her moment. But if this gets a little too out of hand I was stepping in and saying something. Let's hope I didn't get burned for it.

•••••••

Taraji's POV

"Ma'am would you like to order now?" I shook my head at the waitress nervously looking at the door. He wasn't really standing me up right now? Was that whole thing in the office just a funny joke.