17

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

"Should I propose to her before or after?" Prom wss in another three days and I still had yet to come up with a final promposal. And don't even get me started on the actual proposal. I was getting nervous and nothing but working out could keep me from flipping the fuck out.

"I already told you Fantasia, you need to get her in the house and set something up- oh! Like you did last week. You put all the flowers and stuff- do that again." I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"I kinda wanna do more than that though. I think I might propose at the beach, we always went there when-

"YES!!! THE BEACH. Ohhhh fantasia you are such a genius." Ari grabbed my cheeks squeezing them before rushing out the room as fast as her belly would let her. She was pushing 7 months and looking like she was ready to pop any day. I'm pretty sure her due date was the last week of school but she kept having delivery scares so he might be coming out early.

"Wait! Where you going?!" I got up following her out, seeing her almost out the door already.

"Uhm..going to get everything planned for you. You just sit back relax and practice your speech. I'll plan everything and get her where she needs to be on time." She hadn't even gave me time to ask anything else before she was heading back downstairs to Melvin. I guess that was handled. Now all I had to do was ask her to prom. Although the proposal was a private thing I wanted to ask her to prom in school. Still nobody knew we were together but the ones closest to us and what harm would it be to pop out? We wouldn't be in the shitty ass school in another month anyway.

"Should I go for the full name or just first and last? Naww full name. Taraji baby...no- ugh." I paced around the room coaching myself on what I would say when I got down on one knee. I wrote little sonnets and songs and stuff but this was throwing me for a loop. "Yes! Ouuu that's ittt, ima write her a song." I always thought it was corny to sing to her or just walk around the house singing but this was a special moment. I grabbed my song book and pencil quickly starting the love song.

••••••

Two days later

Taraji's POV

I sighed looking down at the pills and razor blade sitting on my sink. When I thought over everything going on in my life it seemed like I was overreacting. There were kids homeless, dying, bot having a hot meal to eat everyday. And here I was, ready to end it all because my parents didn't love me...on top of other things. I'm didn't necessarily want to die I just wanted the pain to stop momentarily but if things did lead to that then...