16

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

I sighed getting up and ready for another dreadful day of therapy. Me and my family have been going every Saturday morning and it doesn't seem like we're getting anywhere. On top of that my dad "spontaneously" having to go out of town for "business" so most the time they were just postponed. I found myself falling into somewhat of a depression from the stress of finals and dealing with them.

I haven't told or tried to let Fantasia know because I knew she would use up her free time to make sure I was okay. I just suffered in silence with the exception of Ariana. I always had my best friend when times got hard. She started taking time out her week to spend time with me which I DID NOT want but she wasn't taking no for an answer.

I have been noticing Fantasia getting extra secretive. Going out without a heads up or say of whereabouts, hanging up phone calls when I come around, acting weird when I ask her what's going on, you know stuff like that. I just hoped I wasn't setting myself up for another heartbreak because I couldn't take anymore.

I took my shower and did my morning routine before throwing up a pink jumpsuit and white flatworm shoes. I didn't feel like getting all dolled up so I put some moisturizer on my face and my braids up in a messy bun. As I was walking out the bathroom Fantasia was just waking up.

"Morning baby." She croaked out, stretching.

"Good morning." I walked to the mirror to apply some lip balm.

"You off to therapy?" I hummed, watching her eyes furrow in the mirror. "What's wrong?" Man if I knew I would defiantly tell her but instead I said, "Nothing baby, I'll see you in maybe another 2 or three hours. I'm stopping by Tamia's house." She nodded finally getting out of bed to give me a good bye kiss.

"I love you." I smiled, my stomach erupting in ripples. She told me for the first time that she loved me a month ago and I didn't hesitate to say it back.

"I love you too." With that I exited the house to my impending doom. I had been really dreading this day since our last session erupted in a heated argument about if me and Tamia were really my dads. I'm not sure why he would say that seeing as were literally his exact copy but...

It didn't take me long to get to the office and walking inside to see Alissa, the receptionist.

"Hi Raji!" Alissa was always in a great mood, even with people with attitudes like my parents walked in. She never let anyone's mood ruin hers. Everytime I came in she greeted me with a bright smile.

"Hi Lissa, is Dr. Scorn here yet?"

"No ma'am she is not, she should be here in another 5 minutes though. You're early, ready for this to be over?" She asked, writing what I would assume Dr. Scorn 10:00 showing up.

"Yes, last time we came we got into some big argument because my dad asked if I was really his child." She quickly looked up scanning my face before busting out laughing. "Girl, that's the same thing I did. He know damn well I look just like his ass." She shook her head chuckling just before Dr. Scorn walked in.