Chapter 6: Elwin

Sophie fainted and started falling but Keefe caught her before she could hit the ground. 

"Fitz!" Keefe yelled. Fitz ran down the stairs when he heard Keefe yell for him. Fitz picked Sophie up and carried her bridal style into their bedroom. Fitz layed her down on the bed and Elwin rushed through the door.

~~*Skip a couple of hours*~~

Sophie woke up to find a puffy eyed Fitz laying next to her in the bed.

"Fitz what happened?" Sophie asked.

"I... I just can't say it... It will break your heart." Fitz managed to spit out.

"I'll tell her for you." Elwin said. "Sophie you lost the baby, but it wasn't your fault at all." Elwin finished.

"What? No! It can't be true!" Sophie cried putting her hand on her now flat stomach. 

"Your baby boy is now safe with Jolie, and Councillor Kendric." He sighed.

"It was supposed to be a boy?" Sophie chocked. Sophie grabbed Fitz arm as he crawled closer to her. 

"I'll let you two be and I'll tell Sandor and the other goblins to let you be and stay outside the house." Elwin said gathering his things and rushing out their bedroom door.

"Fitz I want to try again." Sophie sobbed.

"How about we wait a couple of days first, because we have to tell everyone that we don't have a child anymore." Fitz whispered into her ear. Sophie nodded and stuffed her face into his chest and just cried.

~~*The Next Day*~~

"Fitz my parents are coming over in about 5 minutes." Sophie called.

"Mine will too." Fitz called back. Sophie pulled on a large gray sweatshirt that she had gotten in the forbidden cities over her tunic so their parents wouldn't notice her bump was gone. Sophie nervously paced in front of the door until she heard a knock. Sophie opened the door and all 4 of their parents stepped in.

"Hi mom and dad." Sophie said giving Grady and Edaline a hug. Then she gave Alden and Della hugs.

"So why did you call us here?" Della asked taking a seat on one of the 3 couches in the room.

"We should all sit down first." Sophie suggested. They all sat down and Fitz joined Sophie.

"Even though it was only a few weeks ago we told you we were expecting, but we lost the baby." Sophie sniffed.

"Wha...? How is that possible this has never happened to anyone before." Alden stumbled in disbelief.

"It's true." Sophie said pulling off the gray hoodie revealing her flat stomach. Then Sophie pulled her shirt up revealing a new scar going down her stomach. 

"Oh Sophie." Edaline whispered touching the scar on Sophie stomach. Sophie winced in pain and stepped back.

"Don't worry we are going to try again in a few days." Fitz said calmly.

"No you won't until you are married." Grady declared firmly. Sophie sighed and sat back down on the couch. 

"Fine we will get married first." Fitz sighed.

"We should go." Della whispered standing up and motioning for the rest of them to follow her. They all stood up and walked out of the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So guys what do you think will happen next? Also who do  you ship, Sophie and Fitz, Keefe and Sophie, Biana and Keefe, Dex and Biana, or whoever else from Keeper of the Lost Cities? Let me know in the comments. I dedicated this to roeckash because she always comments and she is always positive in her comments. I will try to post in the next couple days, maybe even again today. Vote and comment! Love you all!

- teamxsophitz