The Show Must Go On

God answers all prayers, but sometimes his answer is 'no'. ― Dan Brown

“Yeah, don’t worry about me,” Y/N said, he was on the phone with someone.

“I have only had you for 2 months, I don’t want to lose you so soon.” The voice said on the other phone.

“If something does happen-” Y/N started.

“Nothing will happen,” The voice said.

“If something happens, I love you, Vee,” Y/N said.

Velvette groaned on the phone, “I love you too, Y/N.” She grumbled.

“I’ll see you later,” Y/N was leaning against the doors.

“I better see you, ALIVE,” She specifies.

“You will,” He chuckles, “I gotta go.”

“See ya love,” Velvette made kissy noises.

“Bye.” Y/N put his phone down.

Vaggie and Charlie were walking towards him. He stepped forward and they all looked at the Sinners. They have an army. They have a fighting chance against this army. 

Vaggie did teach Y/N what Carmilla knows. Y/N learned quickly. He was a born fighter. The combination of his U.S. military training and the demon/exorcist training from Vaggie. He took a deep breath. He hoped he wouldn’t have to do this but he HAS to.

“The cannibals seem ready to fight,” Vaggie said, “Are we?”

Sir Pentious threw the doors open, “Fear not, damsels.” Charlie had an adorable smile on her face, “I shall have the staff ready for victorious combat!

“What are you wearing?” Y/N chuckled.

“General Pentious, reporting for duty,” Pentious saluted, “I’ll turn those rapscallions into soldiers in no time at all.”

“Thank you, Pen,” Charlie said with her happy smile.

“What can I do to help?” Niffty seemed eager.

Pentious leaned closer to her, “I’m glad you asked, soldier. The base needs fortifications.”

“That’s what we did all month.” Y/N said.

Charlie crouched down, “How about this? If you see and angel, stab it.” Charlie gave the little girl a knife.

“What have you done?” Y/N teased.

Charlie nudged Y/N, “Oh shut up.” They both looked up and Niffty was charging Angel, “Not him” Angel climbed up the pole a bit, Niffty ran off and Angel got down.

Vaggie stood before their army, “Listen up, Sinners! We got 24 hours before the extermination begins. Let’s get to work.”

They all separated into groups. Y/N was helping Vaggie with the army stuff. Where to aim on an exorcist's body. Target practice was also done by Angel and Husk. They were somewhat ready, but practice meant nothing when the actual battle began. Who people really are in a fight. Y/N has seen it before.

Hours go by and Y/N has helped everyone he could. He helped Charlie make sure everyone was ready. He was doing that but he pulled Charlie aside for a bit to talk to her.

“If Alastor goes down, you want me to step in?” Y/N questioned.

“Yes, is there something wrong?” Charlie asked.

“I’m a little scared I guess. I was hoping to leave the fighting in war behind when I died.”

“It’s okay Y/N, it’s the last i wanted but it was necessary.”