CHAPTER 17

"What's that mom? You look like you have seen a ghost." I make fun of mom's expression while she was looking at her package. "Can I see?"

Mom quickly put the papers inside the package. "It's nothing, just some bills."

I placed the pitcher down on top of the counter, looking at mom. "I can find a summer job.. to help you with the bills."

"No need, Iris. I can make enough money for us." Mom tapped my shoulder. "There's nothing mom can't handle."

I went to the living room to watch some TV series to binge watch. I lay down on the sofa about to close my eyes but wasn't able to because I heard a loud thud on the door.

"Yes! We won the game!" Jayse exclaimed as soon as he walked inside the house.

I raise myself up to see Jayse.

"What's with you?" I asked as Jayse passes by the living room. I then squinted my eyes to see if it was really Sebastian walking behind him. "Sebastian?"

Sebastian smiled as he walk towards me giving me a quick kiss. "Hi, love."

"Ewww." Jayse uttered.

"Wow, you and Jayse went out without inviting me?"

Sebastian chuckled as he took a sit right next to me. "We were about to but when I went to your room, you were peacefully sleeping.. I don't want to wake you up."

Sebastian stayed for breakfast and after that he went home because his dad was looking for him. After I wash the dishes, I went upstairs and open my laptop to see some job I could work for during the summer break.

I was looking through part time jobs when I got a Face Time call with Benny.

"What's up?" I asked.

[I think I'm lost,] He uttered looking around the place.

"Why? Where are you right now? Have you tried looking at the maps? Tell me your location right now." I opened a search bar and entered maps.

[Uhm, I'm at Block 4 Lot 88, Acacia Road, Seymour Village, Summerside City.]

I entered the address Benny gave me then I realized something.

That is the address of our house.

"Benny, what are you talking about?"

[Can you open the door for me?] Benny then showed our main door.

I gasped.

[Hello?]

I ended the call and hurriedly went downstairs. I opened the door and I saw Benny standing holding a pink peony.

"Did you miss me?" Benny stated.

"Hiiii!" I exclaimed.

"Iris, who's that?" Mom asked.

I opened the door widely for them to see Benny.

"Benny boy?!" Mom exclaimed. "What brings you here to Summerside?"

Benny went inside the house. "I'll be spending my summer here at Summerside, helping my aunt with her cafe business."

"That's good," Mom smiled. "But I have to go, I gotta go to the office. See you later, kiddos."

"You said you're helping your aunt with the cafe business?" I asked when Benny as I went to the kitchen.

"Yeah, why?" He asked back.

"I'm thinking of doing a part time job this summer. Can I work there?"

Benny nodded. "Sure, I'll tell my aunt about it."