Chapter 74: All as One

Dawn's pale fingers were just beginning to pry open the eyelids of the slumbering woods when a blur of frantic blue-armored hooves tore through the undergrowth, shattering apart dews that clung to blades of grass like diamonds. The wind whipped past the running creature, carrying the scent of damp earth and something else, primal and cold. The forest floor became a blur of gnarled roots and fallen leaves, each seemingly a potential snare. Its instincts guided every leap and pivot, its hooves barely touching the ground as it navigated the treacherous terrain.

And then, a violent impact and sparks, followed by an excruciating pain.

The blue blur swerved and jolted as a yellow glowing projectile slammed into its left shoulder armor from behind. It let out a screech that echoed through the trees as it was thrown off balance and sent tumbling into a thicket of ferns. And as if there was no mercy, the air crackled with the sound of more energy blasts, this time multiple, zipping from different directions. One clipped its curved horns, sending a shower of sparks flying, while another grazed its flank, leaving a sizzling brand mark.

The creature scrambled to its feet, but the precise barrage continued. Jagged lines of energy crisscrossed the still-dark forest floor, carving smoking trenches around the creature each time they hit right on the target. It darted and weaved, a desperate dance between the deadly light show, but the bullets were relentless, eventually herding it towards a towering oak. Facing a dead end, the abnormal lifeform roared with a sound of defiance and despair and turned behind it.

As the creature braced for its final stand, the air shimmered above, revealing the hunter. It was a warrior donning a white fox head-shaped helmet clad in a black base suit with gray straps and minimal armor on its right chest and shoulder, as well as a striking white-colored leg and thigh armor. But the most striking feature was the warrior's method of movement: two large blades spun rapidly above the warrior's head, gripped firmly by one hand even as it continuously made noises akin to pounding air. In the warrior's right hand, a large white handgun was aimed ominously at the blue-armored beast.

Staring down at the monster through his yellow-colored visor, Geats Armed Propeller Magnum finally caught up with the fleeing monster after overpowering it in a brief struggle that forced the gazelle-like monster to run downhill.

REVOLVE ON!

Geats somersaulted in midair and activated his Desire Driver's mechanism to swap his upper and lower armors. Upon landing on the damp ground, the white segments of his lower armor seamlessly shifted to cover his upper body. Meanwhile, the straps wrapped around his left thigh and knee, creating a form called Geats Magnum Armed Propeller.

"There is nowhere to run," Geats muttered icily as he eyed his weakened enemy. "Your rampage ends here."

As if to punctuate his statement, the barrel of the Magnum Shooter 40X in his hand extended and the weapon morphed into the Rifle Mode, then he proceeded to remove his Magnum Buckle and inserted it into the weapon's slot to initiate a finisher.

MAGNUM! TACTICAL BLAST!

With economical movement, Geats swiftly aimed the gun at the monster and fired a massive energy bullet from the barrel, hitting the monster directly in the head before engulfing it in a blinding explosion of raw energy. And just like every time he destroyed a Minus Energy monster, faintly glowing golden particles burst forth and expanded to envelop the area nearby, shimmering in the dim light of the awakening forest and dissipating into the morning air like ethereal spirits finally finding peace.

With the threat neutralized, Geats took a step back and removed his belt, the suit dissolved to reveal Ace Roguerider in casual clothing. As the cool morning breeze caressed his face, the young man exhaled deeply to let the tension of the battle slowly seep out of him. His features softened, revealing a hint of weariness and a sense of reluctance despite having executed a job well done.