Chapter 64: The White Rider

Kagaseo

~The August Star of Heaven~

Staring at the smoldering remains of two monsters that he lured into attacking his position, Kagaseo plopped down to the sandy terrain of his pocket dimension and adjusted his breathing following the intense battle that had occurred. Picking nearby metallic debris that had fallen off from his attackers' body and scrutinizing it closely, his gaze eventually came across the right hypochondrium of the mostly intact gray-colored one.

"These MIC-flavored assholes don't seem to be the usual Gamers..." the Star God mumbled, seeing large white blocky letters that make up the word FREEDOM imprinted on it. On the other, a black-colored entity that fought more like an animal than a man before being reduced into mutilated components scattered throughout the battleground, Kagaseo glimpsed in their skirmish that the word NEUORDNUNG was written on its now-deformed left thigh armor.

A scoff escaped Kagaseo's lips as he twirled the debris he picked between his fingers. It glinted with a mysterious aura in the dying embers of the monsters, reflecting the stark difference between these silent annihilators and the blustering Gamers of the Civilization Annihilation Game. Those higher beings had been all mouth and no trousers, bombarding him with taunts and threats before crumbling like sandcastles under his own growing might.

These two, though? They stalked onto the field like silent specters befitting their mechanical appearance, their movements economical, their purpose singular—to kill him. No victory cries, no braggadocious pronouncements, just a chilling symphony of claws tearing through the fabric of reality and attacks that burned with the cold hunger of oblivion. Comparing them to the run-and-mill Gamers was like comparing a flickering candle to a sun.

But for all their power, they can still be destroyed, and thus they lay still now, defeated. That's all that matters.

"Alright, then..."

With a flick of his wrist, the Suet Jade Purifying Jar was pulled from its holster, its opened mouth ravenously devoured the swirling essences of the enemies Kagaseo had just defeated. Watching the swirling vortex within the jar with detached amusement, he waited until the two vanquished monstrosities were reduced to a shimmering liquid that would soon be his to claim in order to boost his power. He had been used to a swift process, yet as minutes ticked by, the jar's glow remained. Seeing this, Kagaseo forced a sigh, concluding that it was a small wonder that these tongueless enemies would be rather powerful now that he knew just how high the concentration of mortal suffering crammed within their being. These must've been Gamers who got addicted to them for a very long time that they started losing the capacity for speech and became more animalistic as a result. 'Creepy as fuck if true,' Kagaseo admitted with disgust. 'These no-good retards...'

Thus, with a grudging nod to the jar, the Star God collapsed the pocket dimension and teleported away to Astarte's cottage with a feeling of slight anxiety, as if something was amiss.

❖⟐❖⟐❖

Kagaseo materialized in the realm that housed a quaint cottage dedicated to the dearest Astarte, still carrying an oppressive feeling of anxiety with him. It was a silence heavier than any battle roar, a suffocating sensation that muted the rustle of leaves and the chirping of small critters that he also willed to exist in this hideout realm.

'What is this feeling...?'

His hand hovered over the wooden door handle, but the metal suddenly icy beneath his touch. A primal scream tore through his senses, a wordless shriek of pure, unadulterated terror that bypassed his ears and slammed straight into the core of his being.