Chapter 2: Take Your Rest

Patrolling or lookout was something that two or three people were assigned to do every night, this was nothing new, the group had done it for years and by now of course Golfball made a schedule so that everyone did their fair share.

And so, Leafy was standing on top of an old office building not far from the base, a gun slung around her shoulder and a few other weapons in her belt.

The person with her was Firey, both of them had requested that they patrol together the last time Golfball did a revamp of the rotation.

It was cold, Leafy was wrapped up all nicely while Firey, who didn't really get cold was fine with his sweater and fingerless gloves.

"Its not fair, why do you get to be cold resistant?" Leafy's voice was muffled, her face nuzzled against Firey shoulder, trying to take some of his body heat.

"Some people are just lucky I guess," Firey shrugged.

"That's so unfair," Leafy grumbled.

"You're lucky too, you have me," Firey smirked.

"I think it's the other way around," Leafy laughed.

"Both ways," Firey replied, kissing the top of her head.

"Alright, cut it out Lovebirds, we've got a patrol to start," Coiny called out as he walked out of the stairway that led to the roof.

"You're such a mood killer, you know that?" Firey glared.

"If I weren't here, you'd just sneak off and-" Coiny was cut off by Firey quickly covering his mouth.

"You two are so childish sometimes but Coiny's right, we do have to head out," Leafy said, doing one last quick check of her supplies.

"We're just doing the Eastern Side tonight, right?" Firey asked, standing on the edge of the roof alongside the two others.

"I was kind of hoping we could check the Southern Netways, I've seen some major activity over there so there should still be some decent leftovers," Coiny said as he adjusted his goggles.

"Sounds good to me, I'm on the lookout for a new holster," Leafy grinned.

"Do you even need a holster? You have your gun in your hands most of the time," Coiny joked.

"Yeah and how many times have I saved your ass because of that," Leafy replied smugly.

"Alright, alright, let's go," Coiny scoffed but smiled.

"Last one to the old power station buys the drinks later!" Firey yelled before he descended the building with ease.

"Hey, that's so not fair!" Coiny yelled, using his ropes to assist his journey down.

"Slow asses," Leafy scoffed.

With that, she ran to the other side of the building and jumped off, landing on the neighboring building without a hitch.

Each of them had their own "method" of traveling distances through the city and there was a very good reason for this.

Leafy, Coiny and Firey were among the few in the group who had actually made enough of an impact (or damage in the trio's case) that the people who were running the city had enough and had made them outlaws.

This meant that if they were caught on the Netways or on any kind of public transport it would either be a bullet in the head or right to the slammer, no questions asked and no inbetween.

This was supposed to be a warning, a way to scare them into submission and silence but in reality none of them cared.

In the crime circles of Numero City, being recognized by the people in charge as a real threat was a status symbol and once the word got out, you got more respect that you ever would as a regular old crook.