lucifer x male!reader

WARNING.  cheating, charliexreader, charlie angst, struggling reader, lucifer comfort, fluff.

__________________

Stretching out on his some-what neat bed, Lucifer slowly opened his eyes, staring up and the ceiling above him, unable to fall back asleep after the effects of the sleeping pills he found wore off. Yawning, he stretched his body, hearing his back click more than once, before turning over, reaching under his pillows and grabbing his phone.

 He squinted his eyes due to the blinding light of his phone yet managed to see how he'd only slept for another 35 minutes, causing him to sigh in defeat and pull the blanket off his body. Letting the cool air hit his legs gave him a sense of freedom, something he needed after all the events in his life.

05:21 AM

He tiredly sat up, feeling pain shoot up his back as he let out a groan, slipping his feet into his duck slippers. Frowning, he remembered why he was even at the Hazbin Hotel, his pretty little daughter had invited him over to celebrate the birthday of a demon by the name of (M/n). The same demon who caused Lucifer to stay the night.

The previous day, during the party, Lucifer had caught sight of (M/n) leading Charlie away from the crowd towards a secluded part of the hotel. Not knowing who (M/n) was and seeing him touching his daughter, he decided to follow them, only to see (M/n) with his arms wrapped around Charlie's waist and him kissing her neck.

"(M-M/n)! You know I'm dating Vaggie. mMh~! I can't do this with you anymore..." 

Lucifer watched as Charlie softly pushed against (M/n)'s chest, grasping whenever he would squeeze her waist. However, (M/n) simply grasped her thighs and pressed her further into the wall, watching as her face contorted in guilt and pleasure. "Please, baby? It's not like we're going to fuck, I just need somebody to kiss."

(M/n) watched her think about it, considering trying to get Vaggie to fall for him so that he could continue his time with Charlie. He'd known Charlie for years, being her best friend and even the first person she told her dreams about. They'd been doing this whenever the other needed comfort, and eventually (M/n) had fallen for her. 

Until one day, Charlie had presented Vaggie as her girlfriend and (M/n) had to pretend as thought he wasn't hurting. He spent day after day trying to repair his broken heart yet Charlie kept breaking it every other month when she would call him over to makeout behind Vaggie back. (M/n) thought this day would be like the rest and he'd tricked himself into believing that maybe he still had a chance.

"Alright, I-I'm sorry. I get it, you don't like it." Releasing her onto the ground, he stepped back and refused to look her in the eyes. "I'll you alone now. I'm really sorry for bothering you."

(M/n) bowed before turning on his heel and leaving, unwilling to let her see him cry when suddenly he bumped into a shorter figure, Lucifer. He saw a pair of red eyes glaring up at him when suddenly he felt a hand grab his throat and begin to crush his throat.

Luckily for (M/n), he was not weak in the slightest. In fact, several years ago, he once battled against an exterminator, one who called herself 'Lute'. Usually during exterminations, (M/n) was never bothered by any angels who came down, but unfortunately she had followed a demon all the way to his hideout, causing him to defend his home.

So when Lucifer had grabbed his throat, he gripped his wrist harshly until he could he Lucifer wincing in pain. "Ah, m-my lord! I-" (M/n) stumbled on his words, releasing his grip and taking multiple steps back.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't of touched you, I-" He noticed that Lucifer was now seething with rage and Charlie looked at him in disbelief. "I-I.. I'm sorry. I really am, I promise... I'll never do it again, really. I'm sorry... I-I'm sorry, please forgive me!"