lucifer x female!reader

WARNING. smut, cheating, degradation, praising, hair pulling.

requested.

________________

Three months. That's how long Lucifer had been complaining about (Y/n)'s boyfriend, claiming that he was a good for nothing scumbag and she needed to get rid of him. And of course she never listened to him.

Her relationship hadn't always been as bad as Lucifer said it was, but it was the past three months where (Y/n) had noticed that he really had changed after he lost his job. She covered more shifts so he could spend more and to cover the bill, ignoring the amount of stress on her mind and body. As soon as Lucifer noticed, he began try to persuade (Y/n) to break up with him-- just like today.

"(Y/n), I'm telling you, that bastard isn't good for you!" This was the third argument this week. "Please, I just want what's best for you."

"How do you know what's best for me, Lucifer? Tell me! Ever since I started dating Noah, you've constantly been trying to break us apart and you can't even give me a good fucking reason. The only reason I haven't dropped you is because of how long we've been friends." (Y/n) threw her pillow at Lucifer, hitting him in his chest and making him drop his phone.. 

He retaliated by throwing it back twice as hard and chuckling when it hit her square in the face. "I just know that he's an asshole! What kind of boyfriend leaves their girlfriend alone in their house four times a week so he can party with his friend? And he makes you pay all the rent, saying that he 'forgot' it when he clearly spends everything on partying! You need to take a break, (Y/n)..."

"He's just getting everything out before he starts proper work again. I told you that he's getting a new job so he can help around the house, it'll only be a couple more weeks until he's too busy to do all that stuff." Sighing, she scrolled through social media, seeing several pictures of Noah drinking and smoking.

"(Y/n) you can't keep letting him--" Lucifer was cut off by (Y/n) slamming her phone against the table before she abruptly stood up with anger laced in her eyes.

"Leave." 

(Y/n) walked towards him and started to pick up his belongings until she reached him and began pushing his towards the door. "I love you, Lucifer, I really do. You're my best friend and we share so many great memories together. But the past few weeks, you have done nothing but complain about my partner and I can't deal with it anymore. So, and I'm sorry to say this but-- if you can't accept my choices- then get out of life."

On her final word, she smiled at him with tears in her eyes before slamming the door shut in his face. Lucifer stood in shock as he finally realised that his constant bickering had caused (Y/n) to shut him out of her life completely. He tried knocking the door again but received no answer until he eventually decided to head back to his house, hoping that she would forgive him later.

That day never came as two weeks had past by since (Y/n) had contacted Lucifer. 

(Y/n) had just finished work when she decided to stop by the supermarket to grab ingredients for dinner, she hadn't eaten anything other than some cheap ready-to-go meals in a while. It was around the time that Noah got back from his gym session so she figured that she would treat him to his favourite food.

When she opened at her front door, she noticed how oddly quiet her house was, usually she would always be greeted by Noah with a hug and a kiss yet he was nowhere in sight. Thinking that he was probably still out, she took her coat off and began preparing the vegetables so that she wouldn't have to do it later.