Forgiveness

By lunchtime, Hadria was completely healed, as if nothing had ever happened. The family's healer, whom she hadn't met, must be remarkably talented. The extra potions she had prepared remained untouched; her body had mended itself without their aid. She stowed them away in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, a silent acknowledgment of her newfound well-being.

Dressed in skinny jeans, sandals, and a cropped cream colored sweater, Hadria stepped into the day, her heart still echoing with the mystery of the Dark Lord...the man who held both cruelty and vulnerability within him.

Narcissa's invitation had led Hadria to the grand dining room. As she stepped inside, the memories of the previous day flooded back—the pain, the remorse, and the fragile connection she shared with the Dark Lord. Her gaze swept over the opulent surroundings—the dark wood table stretching before her, the chandeliers casting intricate shadows on the walls.

Swallowing her unease, Hadria offered a polite smile to Narcissa and Lucius, who were already seated. Their conversation halted as they turned their attention to her.

"Oh, Hadria, I'm so glad you're joining us

"Oh, Hadria, I'm so glad you're joining us. You look much better, dear," Narcissa's warm smile enveloped her.

The older woman was truly beautiful—her hair a striking blend of platinum blonde and deep black. Hadria had often wondered if it was natural, but either way, it looked exquisite on her. Narcissa always adorned herself in the finest clothing, her makeup impeccable. Poised and elegant, she was the perfect complement to her husband, Lucius. And if a man could ever be called beautiful, it would be him—porcelain skin, chiseled features, piercing blue eyes, and long platinum blonde hair. The Malfoys were simply stunning people.

Hadria returned the smile and settled into her seat across from Narcissa and Lucius

Hadria returned the smile and settled into her seat across from Narcissa and Lucius. Lucius nodded politely, his hand resting over Narcissa's.

His words, delivered in a flat tone, cut through the air.

"I'm glad to see you're doing well, Miss Potter. You'll learn not to provoke the Dark Lord in such a manner. I imagine he has his reasons for keeping you at his side, but he's not typically one to be very merciful...you're quite lucky."