Four

~

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Hey, Upper East Siders there's nothing Gossip Girl likes more than a surprise and we hear Blair Waldorf's got a three for one special. Her mom, Eleanor, who just returned from Paris and Serena van der Woodsen alongside Ophelia Waldorf-Huntington, brunch buddies.

Ophelia found herself sitting in the Waldorf penthouse suite alongside her aunt and her newly renewed best friend, the trio indulged in an assortment of breakfast treats as the heiress asked her aunt all about Paris and her latest fashion line - desperate to live vicariously through her until she could make her own name for herself. Glancing towards the staircase she smiled wide as she saw her cousin begin to descend the stairs, confusion written across her face at the unusual hustle and bustle of her home. 

"Hey, you're up." Serena spoke cheerily, having noticed the confused Waldorf at the same time as the girl beside her. "Don't we have plans?". Blair wondered; eyes narrowed as she struggled to adjust from her beauty sleep. "Darling, it is impolite to interrupt. I was just telling Ophelia and Serena that Bendel's is interested in carrying my line." Eleanor informed as the heiress continued to dig into the assorted foods in front of her, enjoying the luxuries that were always set out when her aunt came to town. "Really?". The Waldorf girl enthused, excited for her mother and the potential of having her around more. "Oh, that's fantastic. Why didn't you say something?". 

Blair leant forward to grab a croissant as she spoke, her eyes staying on her mother the whole time. "I came back from Paris early to put together my look book and if they like what they see..." "Which they will Aunt Eleanor." Ophelia complimented, her aunt's passion always found a way to shine through in her work and she admired her for it. With a small appreciative smile towards her niece the older woman continued "...it could be the beginning of an entire lifestyle collection." "Because more people should be like you mother." Lifting the small croissant to her mouth to enjoy the young Waldorf was immediately shunned by her overbearing mother causing Ophelia to cringe at her aunt's words. "Before you tuck into that, you might find the low-fat yoghurt more appealing." 

Serena glanced towards her best friend before placing her own food down on the plate and excusing herself from the conversation, not wanting Blair to feel embarrassed by her mother as Ophelia sat there, now annoyed. "I lost two pounds when you were away." Blair tried reasoning, placing the food straight down on the plate and pretending like it didn't bother her one bit. "And you look marvelous." "She would look marvelous if she ate an entire bakery full of baked goods right now too." Ophelia spat out; her arms crossed against her chest as she glared towards the woman she idolized. Sure, she knew her aunt wasn't perfect, and it was mainly her work ethic and talent she admired but it was definitely hard to see how focused the woman was on her sixteen-year-old daughter's weight. 

"Wow, these are beautiful, Ms. Waldorf." Serena complimented, dismissing the growing tension in the room between the rather dysfunctional family. "Well, they will be if they're not all squished from travelling." Standing up and making her way passed the two cousins the older woman continued joining the blonde on the opposite side of the room. "Same old Aunt Eleanor, hey?". Ophelia sassed as she watched the way the older woman frothed over their blonde friend.