Sixteen

~

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Spotted: Jenny Humphrey wading in the Met fountain, fishing for change. Blair Waldorf seen dallying with an off-duty doorman at the Blarney Stone on a Monday night. It looks like the battle between the Queen B and Little J has moved from the streets to the blogs. Who's sending this debasing dish? I have a feeling. 

"These rumours are getting ridiculous." Ophelia shook her head as she looked at, yet another fake Gossip Girl blast appear on their phones. "My personal favourite has to be about Jenny and her new assistant secretly dating." Theodore inputted causing both the heiress and his girlfriend to hit him against the chest, the action creating a groan of surprise to leave his lips. "You'd love anything that included girl on girl." Rolling her eyes towards the boy the ravenette couldn't help but be amused at the icy scenes in front of her.

As the trio sat comfortably on the steps of the Met, they were blessed with front row seats to the never-ending war of power between Jenny and Blair. If the heiress was being honest with herself, she found the entire dynamic intriguing and devastating at the same time. The teenage girls need to retain the highest status in the school was something she never quite understood - sure she was granted fame through her name alone but the ravenette had always found herself longing to be known outside the halls of Constance rather than fight the high school hierarchy. 

After all, how long does high school notoriety really last?

"Are we making an appearance at Jenny's little bash tonight?". Carrington wondered after a moment of small talk with her boyfriend. "I'd love to say no, but I have a feeling Blair won't let her lack of invitation stop her from stirring drama and that I'd love to see." Watching the group of teens eventually disperse as they made their way towards the school had the trio slowly joining them, not bothering if they were a moment or two later than the rest. "A need for drama is consuming you O. Someone tell Georgina to come back." Theodore joked as he slung his arm comfortably around his girlfriend's shoulders. 

"It's been two Georgina free weeks Theo, maybe I just enjoy being on the outside of the drama for once." "If your last name didn't contain the name 'Waldorf' in it I may actually believe you." Bidding the girls goodbye as they walked into the courtyard of their schools Carrington linked her arms with her best friend before speaking. "How are you feeling, after the whole Georgina of it all?". Momentarily dropping the smile she permanently held on her face the heiress spared a glance with the blonde beside her before sighing and pausing in her step. "Her unexpected arrival dug up a lot of memories but I'm working through them, unlike Serena I can't just ignore she ever showed her face in our lives again." 

Nodding her head towards the van der Woodsen who was currently intertwined with her Brooklyn boyfriend made the ravenette sigh for her tendency to move on from things - and people - so quickly. Serena had always found herself falling fast, being reckless and despite getting caught up in every drama life had to offer she always recovered faster than Ophelia could imagine.