Summer, Kind of Wonderful

~

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Unlike the rest of us, sex, lies and scandal never takes a vacation. Instead, they take the Long Island Expressway and head east to the Hamptons. Some would say summer is their busiest season. Think Park Avenue, but with tennis whites and Bain de Soleil. The players change, but the game remains the same. 

Arms linked with Carrington the Waldorf-Huntington heiress stepped off her private jet and back into the stoic air of the Upper East Side. Fixing her bag over her shoulder the ravenette groaned as she absentmindedly checked her phone, once again falling into the addicting spiral of Gossip Girl and her rather odd obsession with herself and her group of frenemies. 

"We haven't even made it ten minutes and you're already checking your phone." Carrington hit her lightly on the arm once the duo walked towards the waiting limousine, smiling towards her chauffeur Alex in the process. "Did you have a nice break, Alex?". With a kind smile on his face the older man curtly nodded. "If I may say so miss, it was much needed." 

Reaching towards the doors handle Ophelia couldn't help but giggle at his response before silently stepping into the vehicle. "If you're not messaging that gorgeous royal, we met abroad than you better throw your phone out the window right now." Carrington's reminder made the heiress shake her head with a smile on her face. "We were just a fling Care, nothing more." 
"You could've at least strung him around to rub it in Nate's face, just saying." 

The mention of the boy she had spent the last eight weeks trying to forget made the ravenette cringe, once more finding herself wondering where it had all gone wrong - again. 

Spotted: Blair Waldorf at Charles de Gaulle, homeward bound. What could possibly make Queen B abandon her two dads before Labor Day? We bet Chuck Bass wants to know. Also spotted: Serena van der Woodsen on Coopers Beach, alone again. We've heard talk that things are heating up with Nate Archibald and where there's smoke, there's usually fire. But if that's the case why has Nate fallen right off our radar and Serena is always sighted solo? Wonder what she'd do if she knew Lonely Boy wasn't so lonely anymore.

"Seriously? Him and Serena? Is she ever going to not take your hand-me-downs." Carrington groaned at the fresh blast, annoyed for her best friend whilst equally growing frustrated at the news of Serena's summer activities. "Neither of them owe me a thing. If they want to get together then they can." Ophelia tried to brush off, ignoring the twinge in her heart at the news Nate had managed to move on with her blonde friend... again. "You're more gracious than myself." 

Turning her phone around Ophelia lay her eyes on the sight of Theodore with his tongue down yet another girl's throat despite it only being a mere three weeks since he had split from Carrington. "I don't want to say I told you so buuuttt Theodore was never one for being alone." The blonde sighed deeply before shuffling in her seat and resting her head against the heiress' shoulder, already wanting to escape back to Italy despite just landing in the country.