Five

~

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

With Blair's boyfriend, Nate, helping to close up the family yacht for the season Blair is free to focus on the most important event of the fall. Her annual sleepover. A tradition since the year 2000. each one more decadent than the last. No expense or reputation is spared. With everything from trundle beds to truffles in place all that's missing is sleepover stars and Waldorf BFFs, Serena van der Woodsen and Ophelia Waldorf-Huntington. 

Sitting on the bench in the center of the Constance courtyard was Blair Waldorf, her heiress cousin and the group of minions who never seemed to leave her side. Ophelia was flicking through magazines as she gossiped alongside the rest of the women, happy to be relaxing with trivial conversations after the last few weeks. Lifting her head from the magazine the heiress smiled and gave a half wave towards Serena and Jenny who had just joined their group - the older blonde on the phone to someone as she walked. 

"What was that I heard? Eric's coming home? It's perfect timing." Blair mused with a literal pep in her step, something Ophelia considered was only possible for her to do. "How so?". Serena questioned as she put her phone away and paid full attention to her friend group. "Well, it gives your mother and brother time to bond alone tonight while you get drunk on Schnapps and moon the NYU dorms from the limo." The Waldorf girl reminisced with a wide smile on her face, but they were clearly not connecting with her target. "What are you talking about?". Serena awkwardly laugh, trying to put the clues she was given together. "Really S? It's only the most important night of the year." Ophelia informed the currently clueless girl, frowning when she watched her face drop at the mention. "Oh, the sleepover." 

"I prefer 'soiree'. 'Sleepover' is so sophomore year." The Waldorf girl corrected, not wanting any reminder of how young the teens actually were. "Look, you know I can't go to that, I have that plan." "Serena, when there's a Waldorf soiree there's nothing else on the social calendar." Her best friend tried to plead; the interaction caused a distaste to form in the heiress' mouth as she watched on eagerly. "Blair, the plan is Dan. Remember, the guy you realize is actually a human being and worthy of your time and attention? No offense." Looking towards the young blonde beside her she quickly apologized before Ophelia spoke up, even more annoyed than her cousin at the bailing. "Let me get this straight. You're ditching your best friend's birthday for a guy you met a couple months ago? Someone you already dated, and someone who's relationship with you blew up in flames. Yeah, that makes perfect sense." 

Serena glared towards the Waldorf-Huntington at her words, not wanting to start yet another fight but also not appreciating her pointing out the obvious. "Look, I'm really sorry, but this date is unbreakable. Maybe we can swing by later or--" "I'm not a stop along the way, I'm a destination and if you refuse to attend, I'm gonna have to find a replacement." Ophelia's expression shifted from one of disapproval to one of pride as she listened to her cousin stand up for herself and not pretend like everything was okay. "Girls, the waiting list." Kati moved her bag off her shoulder to reach into the perfectly kept folder, handing it to her leader before the heiress grabbed it instead and began flicking through the endless options of girls.