One

~

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Hey, Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl here. And I have the biggest news ever. One of my many sources, Melanie91, sends us this: "Spotted at Grand Central, bags in hand, Serena van der Woodsen." Was it only a year ago our 'it' girl mysteriously disappeared for... quote, 'boarding school'? And just as suddenly, she's back. Don't believe me? See for yourselves. Lucky for us, Melanie91 sent proof. Thanks for the photo, Mel. Everyone knows Serena, and everyone is talking. Wonder what Blair Waldorf thinks? Sure, they're BFFs... but we always thought Blair's boyfriend, Nate, had a thing for Serena... or was it, Ophelia? Our sources tell us an heiress has been spotted, bags in hand, making her way into a luxurious Upper East Side building. Is she back for good as well? Better hold on to your boyfriend tight B.

Ophelia let out a deep sigh as she looked up towards the penthouse, she would now call her home, muttering a small thank you to the doorman for allowing her into the building she didn't hesitate to admire the views from the living room alone. With one foot in her apartment her eyes set over the entire city, the Empire State building being the center of not just the city but now her home. "El, is that you?". The familiar sound of her brother's voice came booming through the otherwise empty apartment causing the dark-haired brunette to spin on her heels and lock eyes with the man she shared a father. "Spenc!". Without a word of warning the young heiress dropped her bags carelessly on the floor before wrapping her arms around her half-brother's shoulders. 

"Father told me you weren't coming back until tomorrow?". Spencer enquired, leading his little sister towards the edge of the bar desperate for any kind of elaboration. "I got bored. I've spent the last year in Italy, I wanted to come home." Ophelia half-admitted, not wanting to spill the whole truth to her older brother. The siblings were six years apart however they remained quite close given the circumstances of their upbringing. "Aunt Eleanor has an event today, let me guess, you didn't want to miss it?". Spencer teased, glancing towards his younger sister who simply shrugged in response. "Old habits die hard El. Go get changed." 

Without another word the brunette made her way down the hallway towards her room, having already been told exactly what one it was by her brother in earlier conversations. Her heels clicked on the tiles beneath her as she did so, already making the building her own despite entering a mere three minutes earlier. "This should be interesting." Spencer whispered to himself, shaking his head at his sister before sending his unconventional friend a quick message of warning, knowing that the raven-haired girl's entrance was sure to stir up trouble among the group of highschoolers.

---

"S? Is that you?". Ophelia's eyes widened as she stepped out of the luxurious limo she used for simple transportation, placing the now empty glass of champagne down on the inside console before readjusting her black midi dress and rushing towards the blonde 'it girl' she used to consider her best friend. "O? You're back?". Serena exclaimed rather cautiously, seeming shocked as the teen with the jet-black hair wrapped her rather small arms around her body and pulling her close. The Waldorf-Huntington may have been all of 5"3 but she had an energy that made her tower over most, that and the five-inch stilettos she donned on a daily basis.