The Ex-Files

~

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Wakey wakey, Upper East Siders. Welcome to the first day of senior year and the onset of a new social dynasty. The big question is, with Serena single and on top of the world will Constance become the house of van der Woodsen?  

"Melissa Murphy. Junior." Nelly Yuki informed the Waldorf/Waldorf-Huntington cousins, both of whom analyzed the file handed their way as Ophelia judged the outfit of the potential queen in front of them. "Let's see here. AP scores good. Decent charity work. Young Women of the American Ballet Theater. Season passes to the Knicks?". Blair questioned, interested in more details from the young girl. "My dad's the team doctor." 

The young girl's eagerness made the heiress exhausted, she felt as though she was trying too hard and in Ophelia's mind, she already decided she wasn't cut out for the position of 'Queen B'. "Where did you say you summered again?". The heiress questioned, finding herself smirk as the young girl's face dropped momentarily. "The Adirondacks." Blair promptly closed the folder at her answer, her own mind made up alongside her cousin's. "We'll be in touch." The brunette lied as she waited for the girl to excuse herself.

"This quest is useless. We could pick the person with the most potential, an ideal holiday home and be friends with the president, but it still wouldn't matter B - you and I both know the queen needs guts, she needs to establish herself - not volunteer for a role." Ophelia explained, growing bored of how timid each candidate had been. "Well, what do you suggest we do? We can't just let them pick for themselves. The whole hierarchy would collapse." Blair exaggerated as she began to flick through the remaining files, desperate for someone to jump off the page towards her. 

Upon the next girl walking their way Ophelia couldn't help the scoff that left her lips the moment she analyzed her outfit. "Are those last season's Tony Burch flats?". Raising one eyebrow in anticipation the young girl simply stuttered at the heiress' question, unsure how to address the notorious ravenette. "I... got them on sale?". When none of the group verbally responded the young girl took off in tears causing the heiress to simply roll her eyes once more. "This is getting pathetic." 

"We're not resting until we find the one." Blair shut her cousin down, turning her attention back towards the new girl and her file. "-And my brother goes to Dalton. Lacrosse captain. Cute friends." Upon reading her file the cousins shared a look of agreement, deciding to give the girl a chance. "Lunch. One sharp." With a simple nod and smile the blonde girl excused herself and waited anxiously for lunch to roll around, well aware she had gotten further than the rest of her classmates in this process.

"Every year the projects pile shrinks while the victims pile--". Blair began to moan before being cut off by one of her minions. "I blame the voucher system." "The government doesn't even care." Tuning out their irrelevant conversation Ophelia looked up in surprise upon seeing Chuck Bass handing them a file. "Last-minute transfer. Thought you should be up to date." "Dates will not be my problem this year. Thanks to your little performance last week the lord and I are better than ever."