14.

𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕚𝕟'𝕥 𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕫𝕪, 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕣.

| Jamel's POV |

| Jamel's POV |

TO EEK ᒪᗩTE

"Ma been trying to call you."

"I know. I'll call her back when I feel like talking."

"And pops?"

"Him too. They both got on my nerves the other day." Ja explained "ion feel like hearing another story about how blessed we are, how grateful I should be and how I should be happy I didn't fuck up my career. Everybody been on the same wave since that shit happened and I'm tired of hearing about it."

Ja had been home, trying his best to lay low for the last couple of days. The past weeks had been a blur, he was in and out of different states, partying and drinking more, and he did find himself in trouble again with Silver, the NBA commissioner, for flashing a gun on Instagram live for the second time.

"I feel you twin." his younger sister Niya responded to him, making her way inside his house. "Ima let ma know you okay and you gonna call her later, you know how she be, all worried and shit... you are okay right?"

"Yeah I'm good. Just waiting to see what Silver gone be on with this suspension, but you know me, ima handle whatever comes my way."

"I know it. Hopefully they don't do too much. When you gonna find out how long it will be?"

"Ion even know yet, waiting on the word. Ima let you know soon as I know."

"Ma told me that you -" she stopped mid sentence, seeing an unfamiliar person in the house with Ja. "Wait.. who is that?"

"Don't worry bout it, ain't nobody you know."

"Obviously" she frowned her face up at him "That's one of your friends? He look young."

"He probably your age for real, ion even know."

"What he doing hanging with you? Who is he?" She questioned Ja again.

"Why? Carry your ass home."

"Right after I find out who he is because whew." She started laughing, trying to peek around the corner to see the boy again. "What school he go to?"