36.

"Remember, if it was meant to be it will be."

"Best frienddddd."

She could have sworn she was dreaming when she heard Tae's voice. No way he was in her house right now. Her eyes were still closed and she didn't know what time it was but she knew it was early and she knew Tae won't crazy.

"Dream!"

She felt someone flop down on the bed which made her fully wake up but she kept her eyes closed figuring he would leave her alone if she didn't move.

"I know you hear me, you might as well get up." Tae said. "You gone be mad at me if I open these curtains."

"Don't piss me off Dionte."

"Don't piss me off, get your ass up."

It wasn't until she felt someone flop down on the other side of the bed that she quickly opened her eyes, seeing Sean stretched out at the foot of the bed.

"Do y'all not sleep or what?"

"It's him." Sean mumbled, clearly tired as well.

"What time is it?" Dream started to fill around the bed for her phone before turning to look at Tae, seeing him clearly wide awake and ready to do the most.

"It's almost 8:00. I had a client this morning that canceled which was okay because I didn't feel like doing no hair right now. I'm tired."

"So why you're ass here and not at home sleep?"

"Well I mean I'm tired of working, but anything else I'm good." Tae laughed. "Plus Sean wanted to see you."

"I did wanna come see you but not this damn early."

"What y'all want?"

"Tae told me you been moping around, not wanting to do nothing or talk to nobody. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I have not been moping around—"

"You have." Tae interrupted her but she continued her sentence.

"I just been working, and finally taking some time for myself, that's all."

"I get that. Tae don't know what taking time for self means obviously."

"I do, and every time I try to take time for myself neither one of you allow it so please."

"You know that's not true."

"Now Dream..." Tae looked at her making her laugh. "Exactly, now tell him the real reason you been upset."

"I'm listening." Sean acknowledged, knowing she wasn't telling him everything.

"I messed up everything with Ja."

"Messed it up how? What happened?"

"Well, you know the whole story about the baby..."

"Yeah."

"Our last conversation we kinda got into it and I pretty much told him I don't wanna deal with somebody who just had a baby. He kept saying I don't fuck wit him and I was just like 'I guess I don't', he hung up on me and I haven't heard from him since."

"And you've tried reaching out to him?"

"Yup. Texted and called."

"Tell him the rest." Tae said.

"I feel like the baby is his and that's why he stopped answering my calls because I told him I didn't want him if that was the outcome."