Old Flame

A few weeks later Devale and Crystal are having breakfast.

Devale: Babe do you have plans this afternoon?

Crystal: No why?

Devale: I need you to go with me to Amiras doctor's appointment later today at 1:30.

Crystal: What doctor's appointment?

Devale: I'm not sure, they just called me to confirm because they couldn't get Khadeen on the line. I'll make sure her name is out her file but I'd feel more comfortable if you was there to talk to the doctor about that female stuff.

Crystal: I have a hair appointment at 10:00 I can pick her up after and meet you there.

Devale: Ok cool, make sure you get a style I can grip while I'm hitting it from the back.

Crystal: Shut up fool

Devale: I'm Deadass, how's your breakfast?

Crystal: It's good babe. Thank you.

Devale: You're welcome, when is your doctor's appointment? You said last week it was this week right.

Crystal: Uhm yeah it was but I canceled it because I got my period this morning.

Devale: Why didn't you tell me you canceled it, or did you think I forgot.

Crystal: No I didn't think you forgot, it just slipped my mind. I didn't see a need for a copay for them to tell me what I already know.

Devale: Ok I get that but the doctor may be able to give us some suggestions to speed this pregnancy along. Or maybe we can get tested to make sure we're good.

Crystal: Ok babe, I'll get it scheduled. I gotta run before I'm late to my appointment.

Devale: You good?

Crystal: Yeah I'm good, I'm just pmsing and I'm kinda frustrated but I don't want to talk about it right now.

Devale: Ok but we're going to talk about it later.

Crystal: Ok babe.

Crystal was finished with her hair appointment at 12:30. She picked Amira up from school leaving enough time for them to make a quick Target run. In that short half hour they spent almost $200.00. Crystal's excuse was they "needed" it especially the bookshelf on clearance for their home  library. Crystal was struggling to get the bookshelf into the trunk when a gentleman offered his assistance.

Crystal: No thank you, I got it.

Unknown: Oh I insist, it's no problem.

Amira was staring the guy down out the window because he seems a little too interested in helping her mom. Crystal gave a quick thank you before retreating to the driver's seat.

Crystal: Why you frowning?

Amira: I don't like when men be looking at you like that. His eyes was all popping out his head, he better be lucky my daddy not here.

Crystal: Relax I only have eyes for your daddy.

Amira: I know that, you should've told Mr. Googly eyes that.

Crystal: Omg come on crazy we have enough time to drop this stuff off and still make it to your appointment on time.

Devale was still at the house when Crystal stopped to unload so they all rode together. Soon as they pulled up Amira smacked her teeth when she noticed Khadeen and her baby walking into the doctor's office.

Crystal: Why is she here?

Devale: I don't know but we not even about to deal with this shit today. We got court on Monday I want to keep everything smooth until then.