7.Obsession

"Hey Adam"I greet him with a smile.
"Hey kid"he greets back which is more than what you can ask from a grumpy bodyguard.
"I have a favour to ask"I am him sheepishly.
"No I'm not taking you to the astronomy tower"he says without looking at me.
"How do you know I was gonna ask that?"I ask wondering how he knew that.
"That's the only favour you can ask me kid"
"Ok........ Please take us to the tower.... Please please pretty please".I beg him.
"That place is dangerous kid, not to mention, no one is allowed to go inside. It's locked up for a reason"he tried to reason with me.
"But what about my reason. I mean, there's got to be some reason why I'm so attracted it right. It's like no matter where I go I always end up back there. At the tower, near the docks."I say the last part quietly.
"If I agree to it will you promise not to sneak out with Miss Stella again"he asks.
I grin in triumph" If you take us there I won't let her sneak out, in fact I'll even agree to tell on her. I promise"
"You'll never tell on her"he says with confidence.
"Ah..... Probably not but we are still going right?"I ask.
"Fine"he finally agrees.
"Yes..... Thank you Addie"
"Keep calling me that and the deal is off"he adds grumpily.
"Ok ok sorry."I say knowing full well he loves being called addie.
"Bye Adam".
"Bye skye".

At the school:

"You know we really shouldn't encourage skye to go back to the tower. You remember what happened last time right"Stella says to Louis who is doodling something in his book not really paying attention to Stella or his teacher.
"Yeah...I know we shouldn't but it's hard to say no to her."he says not really wanting to admit his fondness for his friend.
"It is. But we really need to make sure this is the last time we go there cause if someone finds out that we have been going to the restricted part of the city we are all doomed"stella said wondering what might happen if her mother found out. The thought made her shudder.
"Look I want to say no to her and honestly I would really like to not go back to the docks but how can I do that when she keeps believing that going back will somehow help her in getting back get memories. I mean skye doesn't even remember how she got to the docks in the first place and then I zapped her, making things worse."Louis says remembering that night still feeling guilty about hurting his friend.
"But it hasn't helped her in the past 6 months, what's gonna change this time"Stella started getting annoyed at Louis' nonchalant attitude.
"Stel I understand your fear, I do but think about skye. She is desperate. She can't sleep. She barely eats anything. Her nightmares are getting worse everyday. She practically lives on coffee. We need to help her. However we can."louis tries to explain skye's side even though she isn't there to hear it
"I know we do and I want to help her. I really do. She's my best friend. I love her. But I'm scared. For her more than me. If my mom finds out the worst would be that I'll never go back home but if skye doesn't drops her obsession with her past she won't survive. I don't wanna lose her"Stella admits her worry for both her friend and herself.
"She needs to accept who she is now and stop trying to find out who she was."she continues.
Louis knew Stella's worry was valid. He knew Skye needed to stop but he could never bring himself to tell her that. He blamed himself for her condition, for some reason. He thought if he hadn't hurt her that night she might have remembered everything in some time. He hated seeing his best friend in pain. Skye was family to him now and he wanted what was best for her but he also didn't want her to lose hope because he knew that hope was what kept her going everyday. Hope was all she had left.
"I know." He whispers to himself.
"I'll talk to her make sure today is the last night we go to the tower".
"Thank you. I know it's hard but she will listen to you"Stella says,glad that Louis finally understood her point.