18.Lost

I left my class as soon as the teacher left. Stella had a free period so I guess she is already waiting for me at the main gate. 
I need to tell her about everything that happened back at home and today at school.
I also need an opinion about the whole Sebastian situation even if it is a biassed one.
I really need her to tell me why her brother is such a dick?
And what's with the extreme hot and cold behaviour of his? Is that also supposed to be a part of his princely charm? Cause if it is, it sucks.

I see Sebastian walking towards his flock of worshippers, looking anything but interested in being there.
I wonder why,because he loves attention. 
Maybe he is too tired to be enjoying that too.
A pang of guilt hits me as I see him walk away from the flock, much to their dismay.
I know I shouldn't feel guilty. I didn't ask him to help me but he did it anyway. He also got humiliated because of that. 
Maybe I should apologise to him or at least thank him properly. With a sigh I follow him.

I lost him.
Less than 2 minutes and I've already lost him. Great. 
I wander the grounds looking for Bash but it seems that I am lost.
I have never been to the back side of the school since it is too close to the woods.
Adam never let us. ‘It's too dangerous', he said but he says that about everything, so I guess I'm safe.
Or so I try to tell myself because the alternative would be to freak out.
I looked for him for a couple more minutes but he seemed to have vanished. 
I gave up and started walking back to find his sister instead. 

I have been walking for at least 10 minutes now but I can't seem to find the main gate. It feels like I am walking in circles because I can't get anywhere. 
I have been coming to this school for months now but I can't even find the main gate. Everything looks the same. Every building, every turn, every corner. It all looks the same to me. I can't see anyone else here. It's like they all just disappeared.
I try to calm myself down. I tell myself that this is a bad dream, that this isn't real because it can't be.
I memorised it all. I counted the steps it took from the gate to the building and from the building to the class. I can't be lost.
My feet hurt from all the wandering and so does my head. I close my eyes shut tightly trying to erase the pain.

My head is pounding as I open my eyes and I can't remember where I am or why?
‘No no no no. Not again’ I think to myself.
I shut my eyes again trying hard to hold on to whatever memories I have.
I sit down wherever I am and hold my head in my hands. Forcing myself to remember but I can't.
Tears start running down my face as someone grabs my shoulder.
I flinch away. 
I look up to find a beautiful pair of blue eyes and blond hair staring down at me filled with concern.
“Hey, what's wrong?” She asks me, her voice soft and worried.
I just stare at the blond girl.
Something tells me I know her. I know that I know her, I just can't remember it.
“Skye, what happened? You said you wanted to talk but you didn't come to the gate and now you are here crying alone. Did something happen?” She asks me again.
A beat of silence passes as she looks at me then at the tall man standing beside her and back at me again.
I look at him and back at her. 
Few seconds later I remembered her. Remembered where I was and who the blond girl and the tall guy were. 
Stella and Adam.
“No, I just got lost on my way.” I told her while wiping my tears away.
She didn't say anything for a moment as she helped me stand and fix my clothes. 
“Let's go somewhere quiet,”she said. That's when I realised that I had been crying in the middle of campus and everyone was staring at me. 
I nod, mortified. 

Stella spoke after we got out of campus and in her car. We weren't going anywhere but she knew I didn't want anyone to see me right now.
“Did you forget where you were again?” She asked politely. 
“Yes,” I said quietly.
“Why were you alone? You should have called me or stayed with Louis. What if something happened? What if you got hurt again?” She scolded me as if I was a child. 
“What could happen inside the school?” I try to brush her off.
“What if you left the school? We found you because you were inside but if you had left it could take hours to find you and anything could have happened then.” she continued. I understood her worry but it was frustrating to always be around someone. 
I wanted to be able to do things on my own, at least the small things, like walking around my own fucking school. 
“But I didn't. Now can we drop it?”I sigh.
“You need to be more careful, Skye. It's not safe for you to wander around alone.” Adam joins her.
I sigh again knowing that they are right.
“Do you at least remember how you got there?” Stella asks, her voice softer now.
I shake my head.
She sighs and pulls her phone out.
“Let's just ask Louis to come back and we can call it a day. You must be tired.” She says already texting louis.
I look at Adam sitting in the driver seat and ask him “How embarrassing was that?” because only he would give me an honest answer instead of one I should hear.
“Do not answer that question” Stella stops him before he could say anything. 
“It doesn't matter how it looks. Don't worry about it.”Adam replied, giving me one of his rare smiles.
I knew it wasn't a pity but it sure as hell felt like that. 
“Can we not tell Louis about this? He already worries too much. I don't want him to give him more reasons.” I request both of them.
Stella looked a little conflicted but nodded.

Louis came and sat on the passenger seat.
He didn't say anything for a minute.
Maybe he already knows. 
“Adam, let's go to a cafe before going home. We all could use some food and coffee right now” Stella says, sensing the tension.