21.Post-its

Louis’ POV:

The second I parked the car Skye was out of the car and inside the house.
I don't suppose she even remembers me telling her about granny's return because she didn't stop.She went straight to her room and locked herself in.
I wanted to go after her but I thought it's best to give her some space and now I'm sitting in front of my family not knowing what to tell them ‘why Skye isn't joining us for dinner

“Is she okay?” Mom asked. She knew what had happened but Dad didn't and neither did granny. I didn't want to be the one to tell them either. 
Dad loves Skye like his own daughter and so does granny, and if they find out how her condition is worsening they are gonna flip out. 
“Why wouldn't she be?” dad asked.
“Louis, did something happen?”he looked at me now and I knew the dinner was gonna be a shit show.
“Yeah…but that's not important now.” Mom intervened. Then she looked at me as she said “Darling why don't you take dinner to her room tonight? She'll be more comfortable that way.”

I didn't exactly agree with her but didn't say anything either. I just nodded and left the kitchen with two plates of food.
Climbing up the stairs, all I prayed for was that she didn't kick me out the second she saw me. I know Skye is angry, reasonably so but I want to help her, in any way that I can. I just hope she lets me. 
I knocked at her bedroom door and waited outside for any response. When I didn't get one, I entered without waiting any longer. 

As I entered the room, I was greeted by colourful post-it notes on almost every wall of the room. 
Though the colours weren't what caught my eye but what was written on them. 
I knew what she was doing now. 
I saw Skye as she noted down every detail of her life. 
I took small steps towards her cautiously, not wanting to startle her.
She was so focused on what she was doing that she didn't notice me enter or put our plates on her table. 

“Skye?” I called out to her to get her attention. 
She looked up and I could tell she had been crying. 
“Hey…. Wanna tell me what this is?” I asked softly. 
“I…I thought about what happened today…. What if it happened again…. What if I forget everything like I did before? I don't want that to happen.” She whispered an answer.
I took a seat beside her on the bed.
“You won't forget anything,love. Today was a one time thing. You got lost and were scared, so it probably triggered something. It wasn't your fault.” I tried to comfort her but it wasn't very convincing, even to me.
“But what if it isn't a one time thing. What if I forget you?” She asked, tears brimming her eyes. 
“Would that be such a bad thing?” I joked. 
“Yes,” she replied without hesitation. 
“Skye, you don't need to write everything down, because you won't forget anything. Okay? I won't let you. And if by any chance you do, I'll help you remember. I'll make you remember everything even if I have to knock you down to do that.” I said, smiling down at her.
“ You promise?” She asked, tears rolling down her cheeks. 
“I promise,” I replied. “Now come on, let's eat before the food gets cold.”
She just nodded as I handed her her plate. 

She wiped her tears angrily as she played with her food. 
“Stop.” I held her hand. 
“Stop doing that.” I told her.
“Sorry. It's just annoying. All I've done since yesterday is cry.” she muttered. 
“Yeah you have been crying a lot lately. You sure you aren't PMSing” I joked making a face at her.
“Eww…no. God lou, you can't ask me that, not while I'm eating.”she said, a small smile lingering on her lips. 
“Well you aren't really eating just playing with it so….”
“You still can't ask that.”
“Okay okay fine. I'm just asking since you have been extra cranky lately.”
“I'm gonna throw you out”
“No you won't.”

We ate the rest of our dinner peacefully and I took our plates downstairs. 
Skye promised to come down later and agreed to go to the hospital for a check up with mom. 
I was glad she was better now but it's important to know why she keeps forgetting things so easily.