10.Family

3rd person pov

At the house:

Louis was a little nervous to talk to Skye after everything that had happened earlier but he also knew that she was hurt, so he took the ice pack out of the fridge and headed to her room.

“Hey, you mad at me?” he asked, raising his hand to show the ice pack.

“I'm mad at the world, you just happen to be in it”Skye replied not really wanting to talk right now.

Louis sighed and took a seat beside her on her bed.

“You know I didn't want to hurt you  right?Like I was just worried. I am worried.”he finally said

“I know,”she said quietly.

“But you're still angry,”Louis said, not really asking her anymore.

“I am,” Skye whispered.

“Okay....... Wanna hang out?” he asked hoping that she might change her mind.

She only sighed“I'm tired Louis”.

“Okay” he whispered, knowing that his actions had hurt her more than he thought they would.

He walks away,pauses at the door, turns back and says"I never meant to make you cry,love,I really hope you know that". He left her room without turning back or waiting for an answer.

"I know", says Skye quietly to herself.

She knew Louis was right and that she shouldn't be mad at him for trying to protect her but she was. 

She couldn't help it. 

All that time she thought he of all people would understand her but he didn't. That made her feel alone. More alone than she had felt in a long time.

Louis and his family had given her everything she could ask for. A place to live,food to eat, clothes to wear and she was really grateful for it, for all of it but she wasn't ready to give up on her past. 

On her dream of finding a family of her own. For some reason she believed that there was someone out there looking for her and one day they would find her and bring her back home.

It was a stupid dream. One that might never come true but hope was what kept her going.

Hope of recognising herself again. She really thought Louis understood that.

Skye groaned thinking about everything that had happened that day and fell on her pillow.

Closing her eyes she only prayed to whoever was listening to not let her dream again.