25.Breakfast

After my not so pleasant conversation with Bash I took a shower and got ready for breakfast even though it was still hours before that happened.
Honestly, I was just trying to distract myself but no matter what I did my mind kept going back to a certain prince.
Perhaps I was too harsh on him. He was just checking in on me afterall.
I don't believe that he cares about me in any way but lying to him was wrong. I shouldn't have said that I think little of him because I don't. I wish I did though, it would make things a lot easier.
I'm not sure if he is hurt by my comment but everyone does think that he is a good for nothing, over privileged prince and they treat him as such.
I haven't, yet.
I don't think he is vain because I have seen his power and his desire to do good, to be good.
And if he just drops his plan of revenge on his mother for basically exiling him and his sister, he could be that and more.
Louis and Stella have told me so many stories of him being a good friend and an amazing brother, which I know now that he is. If only he showed that a bit more often.

I sigh again as I pick up my phone to apologise to him but I stop, again.
What if he doesn't even care about what I think of him and I'm just over analysing the situation like I always do?
I grunt and fall back on my bed as I hear a knock on my door.

“Come in” I yell.
“You are up and…. ready. What's the occasion?” Louis asks as he peeps inside the room.
“No occasion. I just woke up early.” I lied.
“Alright, well I just came to wake you up but since you are already ready I'll tell mum. She's waiting for you downstairs.” He says.
“Right. Hospital visit.” I mumble to myself.
“You forgot about that? I thought that is what kept you up.” Louis asks, now leaning on the door frame.
“It didn't. I slept just fine.” I lied again with more confidence this time.
“Sure you did.” he says, smirking at me.
“I did.” I say again.
“I believe you” he mocks me.
“Go away” I grunt as I hurl a pillow towards him.
He just laughs as he dodges it and goes back to his room down the hall to get ready for the day.

As I climb down the stairs I get more and more nervous about this hospital visit.
I don't really like hospitals for some reason. Especially when I am about to be inspected.
I've only been to any hospital twice, that is from what I remember.
Once when Louis zapped me and second when I broke both my hands in a foolish attempt to stop the quakes.
The video and my conversation with Sebastian made me forget about the hospital visit and now that I remember I am scared.
What if whatever keeps happening to me Is a result of something far more dangerous and not just because of my amnesia?
It could be nothing but what if it isn't?

“Skye, you're up early sweetheart. Did you sleep well?” Dr. Xavier asks as I enter the kitchen to grab breakfast.
“Yes, I did.” I lied.
“You sure, darling? You look a little pale. Is something wrong?” She asks me as she comes closer to look at me.
“I'm just worried about the hospital visit.” I tell her the truth, well half-truth anyway.
“There's nothing to be worried about. I'll be there the entire time with you. And thought reports will be fine too. I'm sure of it. This is just for my sanity but if you aren't comfortable we can postpone it.” She speaks softly, stroking my hair like my mother would have.
“No it's alright. I trust you.” I smile at her.
“Good. Some of the tests need to be done before breakfast so we should leave soon.” She says as she walks away to grab her stuff that is when I realise she isn't in her usual scrubs. Maybe she is taking a day off too.
“You are leaving already?” I hear Louis speak behind me.
As I turn back I see him all ready to leave but school doesn't start for another half hour. I give him a questioning look.
“Where are you going this early?” His mother asks before I can say anything.
“With you of course” he says as if it was a fact.
“No you aren't. You are going to school.” She tells him.
“But Syke’s going to need me there mum.”
“I'll be there with her. She won't need you. Go to school.” She says as she waves her hand and creates a portal for him to walk through.
“But-” he looks at me as he cuts himself off.
“I'll be fine, sparkles. Don't miss school for me.” I tell him, hoping to convince him.
He sighs as he mumbles something under his breath. “Fine” he grabs his bag and walks towards the portal, turns back to wave at me and then he vanishes into it.
Soon we leave the house too.
The ride to the hospital was quiet but comfortable.
I just hope the reports turn out fine too.
I'm already creating too many problems for louis’ family, I don't want to add more.