Chapter 2: Buried Secrets

(Sooo... April's mother doesn't have a name. It is canonically confirmed. So for this story purposes her name will be Stacey O'Neil.)

So... turns out the mythical Sasquatch, Bigfoot, exists. A hunter was trying to hunt down the creature but shamelessly realized that the creature was a lady, and apparently that went against his morals. These people out here are crazy. I missed most of it, or, all of it was I was out in the woods trying to conquer my fear and let my serpent side slither free for a bit. I've been so cooped up in the house and Raph convinced me to go out and get some air. I appreciate him. And the others know that we've gotten together, though we both want to just go with the flow and take things slow, heh. Let's see where life leads us now.
-Myrina

I sighed and put up my journal then stood up as April said she wanted us to help out and do some chores around the house. Raph handled the chimney, Donnie mopped, Mikey dusted off the chandelier, Leo washed the windows, April scrubbed the bathroom, and Casey was just being annoying. As for me, I handled the kitchen.

They all acted like they were taking on their most dangerous threat yet, when in reality, the only threat here is the stupid dust making me allergic.

Casey and Donnie were arguing like usual which ended up in Casey being knocked over and bumped into Mikey. He went tumbling down the stairs and knocked down Raph in the process and a bucket of water landed on him, causing all the water to be dumped out.

"Ugh, Mikey, I just vacuumed!" Leo complained.

"Oh, yeah? Well, I'm about to mop the floor with him." Raph glared at his younger brother as he stood up.

I rushed out of the kitchen after hearing the whole commotion and went to check on them. "You boys ok?"

"We are. But Mikey won't be." Raph growled.

"Calm down." I placed my hand on his shoulder and looked over at Mikey. I was about to help him up when I noticed something. A rug was moved and under it was a trap door. "Guys! Come check this out!" I called out as I fully removed the rug.

The othered headed down stairs and circled around us with April stepping up front. "A trap door? I didn't even know we had a basement."

"What do you suppose is down there?" Leo questioned.

"Evil clown. Evil clown!" Mikey suddenly shouted as he hid behind Raph who just rolled his eyes.

"Only one way to found out." Raph got out his said and jabbed them into the crack of the trap door, flipping it open to reveal a dark and dusty basement. It gave me an eerie feeling, but at this point, I'm not surprised anymore. No one bothered to even move.

"Uh, who's going first?" Donnie asked before everyone quickly shouted 'not it' except for me and Leo.

Leo groaned, thinking he'd be the one who'd have to go down first but I stepped in. "I'll do it." I moved my foot down onto the first rickety step, and when I knew it'd hold my weight I started to slowly descend down the small flight of stairs. I felt Raph step down behind and grabbed hold of my hand which I was thankful for as I really was feeling paranoid and scared. But I couldn't let Leo be the one to go down first.

I got my phone out and turned on my flashlight which allowed me to see all the dust particles. I quickly stopped, causing them to bump into me as I gasped. That seemed to put them on edge and frantically looked around before I let out a loud sneeze which seemed to startle them.

"AHH!" They shouted.

"You big babies. It's all this dust." I groaned as I even felt my eyes begin to water. I never knew I was this allergic to dust. Or is it everyone?