Chapter 18: Tale Of The Yokai

Surrounded by ninjas in the middle of the forest of Japan was the last thing I thought would be possible to happen at all in my life.

I wanted to fight back, but these were normal people while we were mutants. Well, I was, but still human as well. The ninjas began to attack and we went running away, not wanting to fight.

I followed after my brothers when I was suddenly pulled back by one of the ninjas. "Chīsana on'nanoko, anata wa komatteimasu." He stated.

I widen my eyes in shock, not knowing how he could believe that I was in trouble. Did he think that I wasn't supposed to be with the guys? My thoughts were suddenly cut off and I was taken aback when I saw a familiar looking symbol that was sewed into their garments. I couldn't believe it...

I couldn't fight back but it didn't matter as Leo rushed in and knocked the guy back, grabbing my hand and dragging me along with him as we continued to run. "What did he say?"

"He believes I'm in danger. Probably because I'm with you guys! To them, you're probably monsters. In Japan... they tell stories about some sort of... demons or something. I didn't fully remember." I explained. "But... that's not all. They're part of the Hamato Clan!"

"What?! But the Hamato clan doesn't exist anymore, right?!" Raph exclaimed when he was suddenly knocked down, the ninja standing over him and able to get a good look at his face.

"Nani? Korera wa nan to iu ikimonodesu ka?" He questioned in shock, slowly backing up.

"Karera wa yōkaidesu. Karera wa wareware zen'in o noroudarou! On'nanoko mitai ni!"Another ninja exclaimed in fear.

"What are they saying?" Mikey whispered.

"They... they think you are yokai. And they believe... that you cursed me." I explained.

"What is going on here?!" Another voice called out and stepped out in front from the group of ninjas. The ninjas made way for someone we were not expecting to see: a more human and normal version of Oroku Saki himself. I wanted to scream in shock but also wanted to attack him and gouge his eyes out. But I couldn't. We were all frozen with shock and fear that we were faced to face with past Shredder. "Yokai and a child?"

"Shredder?" Both Leo and I questioned in shock before Mikey stepped in and tossed down a smoke bomb which blinded the ninjas and Saki.

We escaped up into the trees, traveling by how we do on rooftops instead of staying on ground.

"I can't believe this! Oroku Saki was part of the Hamato Clan before he became the Shredder. Which must mean... WE ARE SIXTEEN YEARS IN THE PAST!" I shouted in panic. I felt my heart pulsing and my mind racing with questions. How? Why? And if Saki is here... then... that must mean... the others... my brain just couldn't wrap around all of this!

"Who knows? Twenty bucks says it's all Renet's fault. She doesn't know the first thing about time travel." Raph rolled his eyes.

"Not now, Raph! Please!" I held my aching head that was pounding with overwhelming confusion.

"Guys, look!" Mikey called out, all of us coming to a stop when there was a clearing in the woods with a small looking traditional Japanese home. "That's Splinter's old dojo right?"

I gasped and practically pushed him out of the way to see the place clearly for myself. The sounds of the calming forest was deafening to me, the only sound of my footsteps subconsciously walking forward and towards the dojo.

"Myra, wait!" Leo quietly called out as he and the others followed after me.

I stopped in front of of an opened screen window, slightly peaking my head in to see what was going on. My eyes widen again when we all saw Saki speaking to a very malnourished and elderly man wearing the traditional Hamato robes. This man... was familiar. My mom... had a scrapbook that she had all the back to when she first moved to Japan. That man there was in a couple of photos she showed me before. That's Hamato Yuuta. My father's father and Saki's adopted father. That man... was my grandfather.