~Special Chapter~ Chapter 19: Child's Past

(TW: Slightly dark topics of depression ahead.)

The turtles shouted in pain when the portal they were sucked through opened again and they went crash landing into a dog pile on top of each other on a rooftop of a building.

"When Renet comes back for us, I'm gonna kill her!" Raph growled.

"It's not her fault! Don't blame her!" Mikey defended.

The group of turtles all stood up and looked around at their surroundings, only to be confused when they realized they were back in New York City. Only, Renet and Myra weren't with them. If they were back home, when weren't they here? Unless, they weren't actually back in their time.

"New York? But... a different time, I'm guessing." Donnie spoke up.

"Seriously? What are the odds?" Raph rolled his eyes.

"Just like before, we must be here for a reason." Leo stated.

"But what reason would that be?" Raph asked.

"Not sure. But we'll find out." Leo replied.

He was about to lead his brothers over across the rooftop when he suddenly stopped and quickly signaled them to blend in and hide when he heard voices and saw silhouettes on the fire escape balcony.

"Mommy? When will daddy come back?" The sound of a little girl's voice asked.

"I'm... not sure, mon fleur. I... don't think he ever will." A woman's soft and smooth voice replied in the most obvious tone of sorrow.

"What was daddy like?"

"Well, he was the most kindest man I've ever met. Better than others. At least, the other men I've met in my life. He cared and protected who he loved. And no doubt he would give you the world." She responded, her saddened tone slightly lifting.

"Mommy, you always say that those we miss will always look down at us and watch us from the stars. Is daddy up there? Shining like a star?" The little girl asked, pointing up into the night sky at the twinkling lights that she was able to see.

"No doubt he is. Shinning brightly than any other star."

The guys listened to their conversation, slightly confused by the familiar voices. However, their eyes immediately widen when the woman stood up, her now obvious ravenette hair flowing around her as she picked up the small girl. And once she turned around, her face was immediately recognized. It was her.

"Claire? Myrina? How?!" Leo silently exclaimed in shock.

"No way... first, we were in Splinter's past. Now... we're in Myra's and Claire's past." Raph stated.

"But, in Splinter's past we were needed to make sure he survived. Why are we here?" Donnie questioned.

"Not sure. But only one way to find out. We have to talk to her." Leo said.

"Isn't that, like, bad?" Mikey asked.

"She's already met us in the past. She probably still remembers us." Donnie concluded.

"And just look at little Myra." Mikey gushed as he saw Claire head back inside while carrying a young Myrina who looked no older than four.

Her long white hair was as usual pigmented and opaque as it was now. Only a little shorter in length. She wore a warm and cozy night gown with a fuzzy small coat over herself to keep herself warm from the breezing cold air.

"This must be from before she was taken by the Kraang. Seeing that her mom is still alive." Donnie spoke up.

"And we must be here for a reason. A reason we have to figure out if we wanna get back home. Follow my lead." Leo ordered before stealthily making his way down onto the fire escape where Claire and Myra had just entered back inside their apartment.