Chapter 4: In Dreams

To start the day off, I was outside with the guys, basking in the warm sunlight while the guys trained and sparred against each other. Well, everyone except for Donnie. Guess he wanted to sleep in.

Raph moved between fighting against Mikey to sparring against Leo. Though he was able to knock Leo down, Leo was able to hold himself up for longer than the other times.

"Nice. Looking good, Leo. You're really coming along." Raph praised.

"Hey, guys? We're heading down to the store." April announced as she and Casey exited the house and got inside the van.

"Any requests?" Casey asked.

"Ooh, ooh, ooh! I need some spicy gummy worms. Need!" Mikey exclaimed, making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah, he's not going to have that." Casey chuckled.

"That store is tiny, Mikey. It's the kind of place that has peanut butter or jelly." She clarified before closing the door of the passenger side.

"Be back in a few." Casey saluted before driving off.

"Alright, let's do this." Leo smirked over at Raph before the two began sparring again.

They were doing pretty good and the effort between them both seemed promising until Leo landed awkwardly on his right leg, causing it to slightly break and he cried out in pain.

"Leo, you were hurt bad, bro. You gotta give yourself time to heal." Mikey stated.

"Yeah, but how long? This is taking forever." Leo struggled to stand up but managed to do so. Mikey tried to help him but he shut that down. "I'm fine! I'm fine! I'm just... just gonna take a minute." He sighed as he limped back inside.

"Good. Some rest should help." Raph added.

"Will he be ok?..." I asked as I stood up, slightly concerned for my brother.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. How about some one on one?" Raph smirked.

"I would but not really feeling up to it. Who knew being in the middle of shedding season can make you feel weak or puny..." I groaned and started rubbing at my arm, feeling more scaly skin peeling off.

"You'll feel better." Raph reassured me.

Mikey stepped forward and grabbed hold of my arm, lifting it up in front of his face before grabbing onto a small piece of skin that was flaking off and peeled it right off. "Wow, that's gotta be annoying. Want any help?"

"What can you do? Scrub me down?" I scoffed.

"That, or help you get off that dead skin in places you can't reach." He offered.

"I... think I'll be fine." I lightly chuckled.

Raph gave a slight glare at Mikey before pushing him aside. "Ignore him."

I lightly laughed as the slight jealousy and protectiveness he showed but simply brushed it off. I let them get back to training while I continued to bask in the sunlight and try to get off as much dead skin as I could. Then I thought I could probably shed better if I was fully transformed.

I morphed into my serpent self and looked down at my snake headed arms, noticing my scales weren't so glossy and more dull in color.
I laid myself down in the grass, trying to relax my body as I tried rubbing against the grass to shed off more of my skin.

I sighed before I decided to give up and just stare up into the bright sky until Raph made his way into my view and looked down at me. "Having a hard time?"

"A little..." I slowly sat up as he crouched down in front of me, taking one of my snake like arms into his hand.

"Does it hurt?" He asked as his hand gently trailed down my scaly arm.