Chapter 12: Casey Jones vs The Underworld

Darkness. That's all I saw. Well, until I gathered the strength to finally open my eyes. Then I saw blurriness. Once my vision focused after a few moments, I saw lights. Not blinding lights that hurt your head and make it ache. Just calming dim lights.

I felt weak. But that's never new for me. What I want to know is what happened. Did I black out again? Did my powers take control of me again? Did I go crazy?! Did I hurt anyone.

I immediately sat up in alert only to scream out in pain and clutch at my aching chest where the pain was most intense. I looked down to see what was wrong then gasped in horror when I saw bandages covering my chest underneath my tank top. What the heck  happened?

"Myrina?" I looked up and came face to face with my father who looked concerned and worried. He approached closer and sat down in front of me, gently placing his hand behind my back to help me sit up all the way.

"Father?... What happened to me? And where are-" I cut off, my eyes widening again when I saw a very familiar looking tree with surrounding very painted and detailed Japanese styled walls. I... was back in the dojo.

"How are you feeling, my daughter?" He asked, ignoring my question.

"I... feel fine. But... how... when did we... huh?!" I stuttered over my words, very confused on how I got hurt and how we returned back to the lair. What about the Kraang? Wait... the Kraang! "Where are the guys?! Did they stop the invasion?! Are the people back?! I saw Slash! He had a group with all the other mutants! And Kurtzman! And Karai! She-"

"Slow down, Myrina. All will be explained. First and foremost, you were wounded by the Kraang. You must rest and take it slow. Getting shot is no joke. As for your brothers, they and the Mutanimals have returned safely. We are now moving back into the lair." He explained.

"They... they're back? And... wait, I was shot?" I questioned when the memories suddenly flashed before my eyes. I got shot when saving Kurtzman. That explains it. "And the guys... went to Dimension X? They ended the invasion?"

"They did. The Kraang are no more." He nodded with a smile.

Again, my eyes widen. But with surprise this time. It was finally over. The war between the Kraang was now done for. All those years I spent wishing, hoping, and praying for the Kraang to no longer exist here on earth and it finally came true. All thanks to the guys and my friends.

My revenge had been fulfilled. Mom... can now rest in peace. She's no longer suffering for what she went through. And I can stop having nightmares about those horrid memories and flashbacks.

I sighed in relief before crying out of happiness. I felt so... free now. Like a heavy weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. And hopefully... no more mutagen. No more creating mutants. No more monsters. However, the only monster that remained was...

"And... Shredder?" I asked.

"Hasn't been seen since the invasion. And hopefully it will remain that way."

I smiled widely and hugged him tightly. He seemed confused for a moment before letting out a small laugh and hugged me back.

"Everything is back to normal. Well, as normal as our lives can get. All that's left is to help Karai." I pulled back with a hopeful gleam in my eyes.

"And we will find her." My father promised.

"I know. Now, where are the-" I stopped mid sentence when I looked over at the slightly opened dojo doors to see all four of my brothers sticking their head in. I lightly chuckled and motioned them to come over.

Instead, they all came bolting in and rushing to my side while shouting. "MYRA!"

"You're awake!" Leo smiled with a sigh of relief.