Chapter 10: The Pig And Rhino

We took a day to regain our needed strength and regroup while trying to come up with a plan.

"Let's get this meeting started." Leo ordered.

"Alright. I've got things to do and bad guys to mess up." Raph smirked.

"Karai's still out there. The last thing she said to me was the word 'comet'." I stated.

"So, what's that supposed to mean? A giant comet's coming? The earth's doomed?" Casey questioned.

"It feels like it could be a location. Maybe where she's hiding out." April spoke up.

"That's what I thought as well." I nodded in agreement.

"Donnie's found three locations with the word 'comet' in them. D?" Leo turned to look over at the purple clad turtle who was typing away on his computer, searching up websites and locations on a digital map of the city.

"We've got Comet Cleaners on Bleecker Street here. Earth vs. the Comet Creeps is playing at the Argosy Theater here. And then we've got the Coney Comet roller coaster on Coney Island here. So one of these places could be her lair theoretically." He listed.

"Ooh, ooh, ooh! Can I check out the Comet roller coaster? Please? Come on, Leo, hook a turtle up!" Mikey begged.

"Donnie and April, you take Comet Cleaners. Raph and Casey, you take the movie theater. Me, Myra, and Mikey will check out Coney Island." Leo stated.

"Yeah, boy! Thanks, Leo." Mikey fist bumped the air.

"This ain't some fun time to be excited about. You aren't going on any rides unless you want me to bury your shell in the ground." I glared at him.

"Uh... yes, ma'am." He nodded nervously.

"Here." Donnie stood up and gave each of our groups a spray gun with a small batch of the glowing orange retro-mutagen. One to Leo, one for Raph, and the last one for himself. "I have just enough retro-mutagen brewed for three doses. Each team gets one. It'll be weeks before I finish more."

"So in other words, don't waste it. Got you." Raph nodded.

"But Karai's condition is unique. There's no guarantee this will even work on her. That even goes for you, Myra." Donnie said as he gave me a disappointing look.

"It's ok. I'm fine with how I am. I'm more worried about Karai. All we can do is try and hope for the best." I stated determinedly.

"Be careful out there, princess. Stay in control." Raph warned me and gave me a quick kiss which I returned.

"I will. And the same goes for you. We'll call if one of us finds her."

He nodded and gave me a small smirk before he and Casey left the pizzeria, heading in the direction to the theater while Donnie and April headed in the opposite direction and Leo led us out back, making our way to Coney Island.

We entered the fair and looked around while I tried using my powers to try and connect and find a location of Karai. Meanwhile, Mikey was acting like the obvious goof he is.

"Dude, Leo, this is so cool. Can we go on the Whirlwind? What about the Wheel of Fun? Ooh, can we play Robot Ringtoss? Please?" He begged.

"You promised you wouldn't goof around, Mikey. Seriously. We don't want to scare Karai off." Leo warned.

"Oh. She's got to know we're here by now, right? Why doesn't she just come out?" He asked.

"She's not in her right mind. At times it's even hard to try and connection to her. Like... she's slowly losing what's left of her humanity. I feel so awful... she's my sister yet I can't do anything..." I sighed.