Chapter 3: The Croaking

The warm but still cool air felt great on my skin, especially since I was getting close to my shedding months. The others were passing time by training and helping Leo get his strength back slowly while Raph and I just had a silent moment together by the entrance of the woods, as for Mikey, he was inside with Ice Cream Kitty watching a cartoon marathon.

I took in a deep breath and leaned back against Raph's chest, just enjoying the cool breeze and warm sunshine. Despite it being early November.

"Enjoying yourself?" He suddenly asked.

"Yeah. I needed this. After the whole thing with the fake moms and finding out we're still having mutagen issues even out here... a relaxing break is all I need." I sighed.

I heard him lightly chuckle and wrap his arm over my waist, his other hand gently stroking down my arm until I noticed he stopped. I looked over and noticed that a small part of my skin had peeled off and he brushed it off.

"Looks like someone's getting close to their shedding season."

"Yeah. It's annoying. Waking up and seeing your face almost peeling off isn't the welcoming morning I want. But what can I do when I'm  practically half snake mutant?" I shrugged.

"Snake or not, it doesn't change anything." He smirked and leaned down to give me a small kiss which I returned.

"I guess us reptiles gotta stick together." I lightly laughed.

"You're right about that." He nodded and we both just lightly laughed.

However, the sound of footsteps stopped us and Raph's expression quickly turned into an annoyed one when Casey walked up to us.

"Awww, look at you two being all romantic and gross." He teased.

"Buzz off, Jones." I rolled my eyes at him.

"I think I like it over here. More shade." He smirked.

Raph looked down at me with a blank expression, as if asking me if he could kill him. I lightly chuckled and shook my head as I had a better idea.

"Fine. But I hope you realize what you're getting into." I then lunged forward as my body morphed and was replaced with my snake form.

I quickly grabbed hold of Casey using my tail, wrapping it around him and I began to slowly constrict him, but not enough to hurt him.

"Hope you like the tassste of venom!~" I hissed at him before bearing my long, sharp fangs.

Casey looked terrified until I let go of him, causing him to fall to the ground as I morphed back into my human self. I laughed at him as he gave me an angry look.

"Yeah, nice. Got me." He rolled his eyes as he stood up and dusted himself off.

"I'm just teasing. Oh, uh... you got a little..." I stuttered as I sheepishly pointed out the chunk of shedded skin that was on his shoulder. Probably a piece from my tail.

He took noticed and groaned in disgust as he brushed it off himself. "Ugh! Sick!"

"What can I say? A snake sheds three times a year." I shrugged with a laugh.

"Mutant snake powers- cool. Shedding- not cool." He shuddered.

"I know. I'm actually getting kinda used to it, though. Especially now that I have more space to roam." I gestured to the mass amount of woods that was behind us.

"Good for you." Casey before waling back over to the others.

They seemed to be finishing up the last of their training sessions and started to grab their gear.