Chapter 6: Eyes Of The Chimera

I was currently inside the barn after Donnie asked to speak with me. What I didn't expect was for me to be strapped up with a weird kind of helmet that Donnie had constructed and hooked up to a sort of amplifier.

"Uh... D? Is this safe?" I asked nervously.

"Absolutely. Now let me adjust the straps and plug this baby in." He adjusted one of the knobs on the machine which caused it to spark and let out a small explosion.

I gave him a concerned and nervous look as he didn't seem to worry and went about what he was doing.

"Hey, Myra!" Mikey greeted as he walked inside the barn. "Is that a tiara? I love tiaras. Reminds me of when we were little and you try to force all of us to play tea party with you." He laughed.

"Yeah... those were some fun times." I smiled as the few memories of when I and my brothers were young and I would beg and practically force them to play all sorts of girly games with me.

"Uh, no. It's not a tiara. It's a psychic neurotransmitter." Donnie clarified as he finished hooking it up.

"That would've been my second guess." Mikey grinned, though it was obvious he was lying.

"A psychic neurotransmitter? Then why not use it on April?" I questioned.

"Cause I've already done many psychic tests on April. I haven't really had the chance to test anything on you. And in my theory, your psychic power is slightly stronger than hers." He stated, making my eyes widen.

"Huh... alright then. I guess." I shrugged. Although I don't think Raph or Leo would be happy to see me basically being experimented on.

But this was Donnie. Though he isn't always smart at times, I trust him more than anything. Although I was not happy he salvaged this thing by using more parts from the old Kraang ship. I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. But, I too was curious about my power. So, here goes nothing.

"Ok. Starting now." Donnie started up the machine before he grabbed a deck of card much to my confusion. "Now, focus on the card. Close your eyes and tell me what you see."

I closed my eyes and focused on my power to try and telepathically indicate what picture was on the card. "I see... a bird."

"Ooh, so close. It flies like a-"

"Shh. You'll spoil the test." Donnie cut Mikey off and picked up a different card. "Try again."

"Hm... I'm gonna say... a fish?"

Mikey was trying to give out hints much to Donnie's annoyance. He stood up and glared at Mikey to get him to stop before sitting back down and grabbing another card. "Ok, now this one is easy." He smirked confidently.

I closed my eyes again and really thought long and hard this time before my eyes snapped open. "A worm! Definitely!"

His expression then turned from smug to disgusted then disappointment.

"No?" I asked which he shook his head at. "But these answers in my head... they feel so right. I don't get it."

"Huh... maybe I can make some adjustments." Donnie muttered as he began to tinker around with the amplifier.

I felt the transmitter began to vibrate and made my head tingle which I didn't really like. I still wasn't comfortable being hooked up to a piece of old Kraang tech. "Donnie, I don't think it's- AHHHH!" I suddenly screamed in pain as I felt volts of electricity surging around my head.

Telepathic wavelengths caused the many cards from the deck to levitate at my will. However, I couldn't see anything. I didn't even know what was happening.