Chapter 11: Battle For New York

When we had gotten back home Raph wanted me to lay down and head to bed early, claiming I've had a very emotional and stressful couple of days. I didn't have the energy to fight back so I just complied.

The rest of us had slowly fallen asleep and what I thought was going to be a peaceful night turned out to be anything but. The loud sounds of shouting, yelling, and fighting from Donnie and Mikey filled the pizzeria in the middle of the night.

Splinter was immediately woken up and went to stop the two and questioned them. "What is going on in here?"

April and I had gotten up and rushed over to Donnie's lab where he and Mikey were fighting only for me to gasp in shock when I saw a beaker of some of Donnie's retro-mutagen bubbling and glowing more brightly.

"Since when did retro-mutagen start doing that?" April asked.

Splinter let the two boys go and Donnie immediately rushed to test out the beaker. He examined a drop of the substance with his microscope just as the others all showed up, wondering what was going on.

"Wow! Its bonding rate is phenomenal. Haha, I can't believe it! This will save me months of lab work! Okay, let me see. One small drop and I'm able to transform an entire vial of mutagen into retro-mutagen!" Donnie marveled as he used just a drop from the beaker and poured it into a canister of mutagen which quickly turned into retro-mutagen right before our very eyes. "Mikey. You're amazing!"

"I know." Mikey simply shrugged.

"Wow, did we step into some kinda alternate dimension here?" Raph asked sarcastically.

"Okay, what chemicals did you use to help create the rapid cellular bonding?!" Donnie asked his younger brother.

"Uh, I think I added a bunch of stuff like uranate, anolite, uh, moronic acid, and some, uh, garlic-cappuccino pizza?" Mikey listed, but he didn't seem so sure.

"Nope. Same dimension." Raph rolled his eyes.

"Are you kidding me? You do ONE awesome thing, and you can't even remember how you did it?!" Donnie exclaimed.

"Donatello, be glad that Michelangelo's tomfoolery yielded the gift that it did. Focus on the goal at hand. You must find all of the transformed people of New York and change them back." Father spoke up.

"But, Sensei, we don't even know what happened to them." Leo said.

"They were taken to Dimension X by the Kraang. I can see them in my dreams, millions of mutated humans trapped there." I spoke up, shuddering at the thought of always seeing many Kraang mutants being forced into slave labor.

"You're not the only one." April muttered.

"So we drop in to T.C.R.I, break into their portal and zap ourselves to Dimension X." Raph said, already having a plan formed out.

"Yes! We can save New York! We can do this!" Mikey cheered.

"And I've got the perfect new invention to storm Dimension X!"

—————————

I had gone with the guys as Donnie wanted to show us his new invention. Apparently it was too big to fit in the pizzeria so he had to disguise it.

We came to a stop on a rooftop in front of a water tower as Donnie smiled proudly at us.

"A water tower. That's your new invention?" Leo asked as they laughed. I was just confused.

"Wow, that's one giant step for turtle kind, Donnie. Nice." Raph taunted playfully.

"It's not exactly what it appears to be." Donnie rolled his eyes when Leo suddenly pounced and tackled us down behind the tower.